What's new

Aimesh setup feedback

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tvgts

New Around Here
Hi all, seeking feedback pls... I have a RT-AC5300 as my main router set up in AP mode connected to my ISP fibre modem. AIMesh is setup with two AC68u routers wirelessly and all works great, fantastic speed and spread across my home. Only issue is that i cant access parent mode functions on the app, error message says the router mode is not allowing. I am thinking of adding a AC68u modem/router to replace my ISP fibre modem and changing the AC5300 to a node so i can access parent functions... Thoughts? Also will there be a downside moving the triband ac5300 to a node? Cheers

The main router needs to be in Router mode to be able to use most features and options.

The RT-AC68U or any other Asus router for that matter can't be used to connect to the Fibre connection. Unless you have an ONT, you will need your ISP's 'modem' to connect.