What's new

AiProtection don't send mail

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alexander Savkin

Occasional Visitor
Hi!
I set up an email, seen in the logs sent, but I do not receive emails. What is the problem?
Alert.jpg sendmail.jpg

Asus RT-AC87U, Firmware: 380.58

You have to allow App Passwords in your Gmail account. Generate one for your router and use that password in your 'Alert Preference' password.

Your post has prompted me to sort out my own email alerts, which stopped coming after I enabled 2 factor authentication. I certainly didn't want to "Turn on Access for less secure apps" in Google Settings or compromise security in any other respect. So I've opened a new Google email account specifically for AIProtection alerts (and not enabled 2FA).

Last edited:
Your post has prompted me to sort out my own email alerts, which stopped coming after I enabled 2 factor authentication. I certainly didn't want to "Turn on Access for less secure apps" in Google Settings or compromise security in any other respect. So I've opened a new Google email account specifically for AIProtection alerts (and not enabled 2FA).
I would like to use the same account.

Have you ever received an email from AIProtection since you set it up? All I can think of is perhaps your password got corrupted, so perhaps set it up again. You can paste from a password manager into the Alert Preferences pop-up box.

As a troubleshooting measure, if that doesn't work, set up a temporary dedicated gmail account for your alerts and see if those emails get through.

Have you ever received an email from AIProtection since you set it up? All I can think of is perhaps your password got corrupted, so perhaps set it up again. You can paste from a password manager into the Alert Preferences pop-up box.

As a troubleshooting measure, if that doesn't work, set up a temporary dedicated gmail account for your alerts and see if those emails get through.
No never. I bought a router 3 weeks ago, and was never able to make sending emails

My Gmail account was, until perhaps 9 months ago, not on 2FA, and whilst alert emails were very rare, I did receive them. So you should be able to get it to work without 2FA, but until get my first alert via the new Gmail account I set up today, I won't know for sure that it still works. (A handy feature for Asus to add would be a button to send a confirmatory test email.)

EDIT: 2 alert emails have, according to the logfile, been sent to me since I linked my new Gmail account but not received. So I'm now seeing the same behaviour as you. I'm on 378.55 and have been so since it came out. The last email alert I got was July 2015, so I would have been on the same firmware.

Last edited:
My Gmail account was, until perhaps 9 months ago, not on 2FA, and whilst alert emails were very rare, I did receive them. So you should be able to get it to work without 2FA, but until get my first alert via the new Gmail account I set up today, I won't know for sure that it still works. (A handy feature for Asus to add would be a button to send a confirmatory test email.)

EDIT: 2 alert emails have, according to the logfile, been sent to me since I linked my new Gmail account but not received. So I'm now seeing the same behaviour as you. I'm on 378.55 and have been so since it came out. The last email alert I got was July 2015, so I would have been on the same firmware.
I created a new account - does not work. The logs have a record of the sending mail - in the box nothing.

Me too. I have been into Google account settings and cannot see anything obvious.

To be honest, the information you get in the email is minimal - or at least it was last July. It didn't tell me anything useful. So if this is all that goes wrong with the router - if indeed the router is at fault - then I'd be quite content. Certainly, until you posted the question, I really hadn't given a second thought as to why I hadn't seen an alert email simce last July. I'm inclined not to waste any more time looking into it.

Me too. I have been into Google account settings and cannot see anything obvious.

To be honest, the information you get in the email is minimal - or at least it was last July. It didn't tell me anything useful. So if this is all that goes wrong with the router - if indeed the router is at fault - then I'd be quite content. Certainly, until you posted the question, I really hadn't given a second thought as to why I hadn't seen an alert email simce last July. I'm inclined not to waste any more time looking into it.
If this feature is present - it would be nice if this feature to work