1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiProtection in 384.5 work or no?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by WarIock, Jun 21, 2018.

1. WarIock

WarIock Occasional Visitor

AiProtection in 384.5 work or no? After update to 384.5 one month ago no new events on AiProtection page.

Vexira likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. JacquesR

JacquesR Regular Contributor

Works fine for me.

Attached Files:

Vexira likes this.
  4. WarIock

I have 0 hits in all puncts for a month. Please show me your malicious sites blocking list. I try to visit these sites to check protection works.

Vexira likes this.
  5. Vexira

Vexira Very Senior Member

Mine works fine did you enable all the features?

6. WarIock

Sure. Before update from previous version, i had external attacks every day. After update i cleared all events and hit, and now I still have 0 hits. I I have tried to restart aiprotection from web interface, and from ssh. Please show me your malicious sites blocking list. I try to visit these sites to check protection works.

7. JacquesR

JacquesR Regular Contributor

The most recent one I have is for whirlweath.com - but maybe you're on to something, as that was on May 22. I can't recall when I installed 384.5, though (and I'm also running Skynet).

8. Nigel Jones

Nigel Jones Regular Contributor

I've been getting two way ips hits throughout.. and now on the alpha too. Malicious yes blocking more sporadic and b nothing since 13 June but I've had week long gaps before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. WarIock

10. XIII

XIII Very Senior Member

For me two-way IPS has been empty for all recent 86u firmwares.

Family members do get hits on 56u and 68u.

However, it’s probably not the model, but something else that causes this. No clue what...

11. slobodan

slobodan Regular Contributor

I have two AC56U, there are no hits. I have to say that both score a Perfect TruStealth at grc.com. So, I have opened no ports on the firewall and UPnP is off.

12. Sinner

Sinner Regular Contributor

On my 3100 ive never had any hit u till 384.5. Since installing ive had 9 blocked malicous sites related to adsense or something. I havent done anything differently. If i had to guess it didnt work before 384.5 but works now for me at least

13. Crazy

Crazy Occasional Visitor

You can use the link below to test your AiProtect. Before when I was jumping around with firmware to test I found aiprotect broken and will not have any events. Only way was to reset router to factory and manually enter all settings.

https://www.wicar.org/test-malware.html

14. WarIock

I checked this problem. The protection works, but no new hits and no log events do not appear until the e-mail notification is not used. If I enable e-mail notification for this protection, then all hits and events, including those that occurred before, are displayed correctly.

15. Sinner

that is strange.. I unfortunately don't have gmail and have never been able to use the email notification and mine works fine.

16. Figaro

Figaro Occasional Visitor

Add me to those who no longer see new AiProtection events after updating to 384.5. Previously on 384.4_2 I was getting daily hits for "Malicious Sites" and "Two-Way IPS". RT-AC68P Router with email notifications turned off.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  17. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

AiProtection working fine here with lates alpha on ac3100.

18. clvk07

clvk07 Regular Contributor

I have the same problem. I think it started with 384.4,... Using AC88U... Protection seems to work but no hits. I think also email alerts are not working

19. Figaro

Figaro Occasional Visitor

Update: A few days ago I turned on email alerts and now I am seeing hits. However, I have yet to received any emails.

20. Sinner

I get email alerts in 384.5 but its hit n miss... almost as though it either delays and bunches several together or only send an email once until another type of block has occurred.. possibly to avoid email spamming.. not sure yet but it is working.

21. BuTTuS

BuTTuS Occasional Visitor

My feeling is that it’s depending on the signature version. Right now on version 2.078 I get nothing, but on the previous one I got a lot.
    Emails have never worked for me.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!