What's new

Air Mesh LED's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mark5564

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT AC88U router with two Air Mesh devices RT AC68U. The router is set to boot every morning at 4am, but then the LED's on the air mesh devices are always turned on again, even though I turned them off in advance. Am I doing something wrong or is that meant to be.

Any particular reason to reboot or power down your AC88U every day? By doing so LED lights are the small issue. Your router has to re-learn your Wi-Fi environment every day. The nodes are following the main router. If they are wireless - this is a major disturbance in the system indeed.

I have an ASUS RT AC88U router with two Air Mesh devices RT AC68U. The router is set to boot every morning at 4am, but then the LED's on the air mesh devices are always turned on again, even though I turned them off in advance. Am I doing something wrong or is that meant to be.

LEDs stay off here after a reboot. I suspect your older models/firmware have a minor issue (reported before)... workaround would be black vinyl tape over the LEDs.

OE

Do you turn the LED's off with the Asus app or from the router GUI? I, too, did a test with the LED's turned off from the router GUI and set a reboot schedule. Both node and router LED's stayed off.

Is your firmware up to date?

And Tech9 is correct that you do not have to daily reboot the router unless there is a very compelling reason.

The firmware is up to date, I have done so far via the app. Will change it via the GUI and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!