What's new

All but first 2 static routes ignored.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ian Macdonald

Occasional Visitor
I'm running 382.1_2 on an RT-AC88U, and in the process of troubleshooting a network problem today discovered that my router respects only the first 2 static routes that I have configured.

I investigated this strange phenomenon by trying each of the routes in positions 1, 2 and 3 in the list, and all of them turned out to work perfectly so long as they were either first or second in the list. As soon as a route was moved down to position 3 in the list, the router failed to apply it.

This bug may have existed for some time, because I've been experiencing the symptoms for quite a while. It wasn't until today when, on a whim, I pinged an address that should have been unreachable, and was surprised to received an echo reply.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I'm running 382.1_2 on an RT-AC88U, and in the process of troubleshooting a network problem today discovered that my router respects only the first 2 static routes that I have configured.

I investigated this strange phenomenon by trying each of the routes in positions 1, 2 and 3 in the list, and all of them turned out to work perfectly so long as they were either first or second in the list. As soon as a route was moved down to position 3 in the list, the router failed to apply it.

This bug may have existed for some time, because I've been experiencing the symptoms for quite a while. It wasn't until today when, on a whim, I pinged an address that should have been unreachable, and was surprised to received an echo reply.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Looks like me too. You ever find a fix? I might have to try a downgrade or something to see.

Looks like me too. You ever find a fix? I might have to try a downgrade or something to see.

No, no fix. I had to work around it by shuffling the static routes I absolutely couldn't do without to the top two positions in the list.

I've since replaced the AC88U with an AC86U, and can verify that the problem exists there, too, on the same firmware.

Let's hope the dev can fix this in a future update.

I decided to just collapse my routes into a single aggregate to work around the issue. I have a few internal subnets I didn't need routed but thats fine. Hopefully a proper fix comes out soon.