What's new

Asus .370 F/W released today

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sm00thpapa

Very Senior Member
Just noticed that Asus released firmware .370 today. Just uploaded it and it is showing up as (3.0.0.4.370_172-g85af9d0). Is this correct or a glitch?

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.370
Please note: If you had used the download master windows association tool, please download and install again to pair with latest download master (3.1.0.78)

Fixed:
1. Parental control can now accept special symbol, such as " ' ".
2. 3G/LTE dongle plug into USB port can work without rebooting.
3. Fixed DMZ related issue.
4. Fixed Japan stand time zone issue.
5. Fixed samba/ftp abnormal when length of folder name is too long.
6. Fixed samba/ftp cannot modify account issue.

Added:
1. Added IPv6 DHCP-PD option
2. Added Hungarian and Romanian language

Download master (3.1.0.78)
1. Fixed HDD cannot enter idle mode when there is not download task.
2. Fixed UI related issues.
3. Fixed that some NZB downloading file cannot move to completed folder after download finished.
4. Added HDD config file repaired function to ensure download can be enabled when config file error.

Read that already why is it showing up as (3.0.0.4.370_172-g85af9d0) and has the 5Ghz band been fixed?

Just looks like a new firmware update to me, sans new wireless drivers. Which personally would make it an update I don't care about, so hopefully I'm wrong -.-

Fantastic

Downloaded....did nvram erase......Flashed......did another nvram erase.

So far I noticed an increase in speed from previous version. My wifes MacBook pro connected immediately (had trouble with .354) She even commented to me what did I do to the network everything is much faster.

Will be testing further but so far I am impressed. My advice is to go for it.

CC

So far I noticed an increase in speed from previous version. My wifes MacBook pro connected immediately (had trouble with .354) She even commented to me what did I do to the network everything is much faster.

CC

Great to hear. I sent you a PM also.

CC

I'm still seeing maximum connection speed of 216MB/s on 5GHz instead of the 450Mb/s I see with RMerlin's 270.26b firmware. Clearly not able to connect at 40MHz channel width (no channel bonding on 5GHz.) with this new firmware. So Asus still hasn't fixed their wireless driver.

So I'm going back to 270.26b for better performance on 5GHz. But it's obviously an individual decision, depending on your criteria and hardware.

Last edited:
I'm still seeing maximum connection speed of 216MB/s on 5GHz instead of the 450Mb/s I see with RMerlin's 270.26b firmware. Can't connect at 40MHz So Asus still hasn't fixed their wireless driver.

So I'm going back to 270.26b for better performance on 5GHz. But it's obviously an individual decision, depending on your criteria and hardware.

Thanks for your input. I ran an Edimax EW-7733und on 5 Ghz band with .354 and it wouldn't connect. I went back to Asus .270 and it connected and works great in 5 Ghz band at 450 Mbps. I may try Merlin's .270.26b to see if the 5 Ghz band is better then the Asus .270.

Well, I don't see any new firmware available, neither on the ASUS support download site nor via the web frontend check of my routers. Has it been withdrawn?

Can anyone tell me what 450 Mbps wireless adapter they are using and having success with either 354 beta or 370 for 5 Ghz?

I tried 370 and have the same issues as I did with 354 beta on 5 Ghz. I use Linksys AE2500 2x2 (broadcom chipset) wireless adapters and apparently they aren't compatible for 5 Ghz. My max link speed is 108 Mbps and it usually drops to 81 Mbps after a while. They work just fine with firmware 270.

I'm going to take it as a hint from Asus since the 370 firmware is not beta and my wireless adapters don't work on 5G. I really don't mind updating to 3x3 wireless adapters, I just want to get a couple wireless adapters that have been confirmed by forum members to work properly with this new broadcom wireless driver.

Thanks.

I'm still seeing maximum connection speed of 216MB/s on 5GHz instead of the 450Mb/s I see with RMerlin's 270.26b firmware. Clearly not able to connect at 40MHz channel width (no channel bonding on 5GHz.) with this new firmware. So Asus still hasn't fixed their wireless driver.

I'm connecting at 450 Mbits with this firmware. I thought I had the same problem at first but I noticed Windows connected to my 2.4 GHz network upon router reboot, even though I told it to forget this network. Silly Windows 8.

I'm using the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 which has been working great considering the range I'm at.

Last edited:
5Ghz on .354 and .370 is broke for me. I went with Merlin's firmware .270.26b and my 5Ghz band is flawless and works great. I get a constant 450 Mbps on my EW-7733und.

I ran into problems with the .354 Firmware even on the 2,4ghz Band with my Android devices and went back to .270

Any experiences with Android on .370 and 2,4Ghz?

No need for 5 Ghz here.

Bogus Message

I am running 3.0.0.4.370_172-g85af9d0 here.

When I click <Check> on the Administration > Firmware Upgrade > Firmware Version I get:

"No Internet connection is detected. The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. After reconnecting to the Internet, go back to this page and click Check to check for the latest firmware updates."

Obviously this message is bogus as I have full IPv4 and IPv6 Internet connectivity. Comcast is my ISP. Anyone else seeing this?