What's new

ASUS AC86 / AC2900 - Manufactured after 2018?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
Just curious if ASUS has manufactured and sold any of this model router that were manufactured after 2018.

If you have a 2019 AC86 / AC2900 router, in what country did you purchase it and in what month?

The year of manufacture is listed on the router's label on its back side.

Thanks.

20190907_040901.jpg
This is a replacement from US ASUS repair center.
I have RMAed my previous AC86 in August.

View attachment 19270 This is a replacement from US ASUS repair center.
I have RMAed my previous AC86 in August.

Thanks. This give me hope.

Yesterday I RMAed the AC86 that ASUS sent me on my previous RMA issued on August 7th. That router was manufactured in 2018, as were all the four AC86s that I have tried and that I have had to RMA since June.

Maybe I will finally get lucky and I will get an AC86 manufactured in 2019 and it will be problem free and reliable.

Actually I am on my fifth. Four different AC86s plus one time they sent mine back claiming it was repaired and the 2.4 Ghz radio was dead out of the box.

Same here...I RMA my 2018 router due to 2.4 band issues. The replacement router is 2019 and it's been working flawlessly!

I just got back the router manufactured in 2018 I returned on an RMA to ASUS earlier this month. ASUS's comment was they could not duplicate the problems. Strange since within forty five minuets both VPN clients had crashed and could not be restarted. Also was unable to change firmware without first a NVRAM erase.

Didn't waste the time checking to see if the radios would work for more than a few hours.

Point being if you think you will get a functional router back manufactured in 2019 from ASUS don't count on it.

Actually I am on my fifth. Four different AC86s plus one time they sent mine back claiming it was repaired and the 2.4 Ghz radio was dead out of the box.
Had 2 bad including a DOA 2.4 radio, both 2018 builds, sold the third without opening it. Had enough trouble with the model even though it had been reported awesome by many others.

I will continue to play RMA roulette with ASUS until February 2020 at which time their one year "warranty" will expire then I will file an extended warranty claim with my credit card and use the money to purchase a new and hopefully better router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!