What's new

Asus app blocked devices on RT-AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JimH

Occasional Visitor
Recently, I discovered (after deleting the Asus router app) that I inadvertently blocked two wireless devices on my Asus RT-AC3100.

After reloading the Asus router app (via apple store), I was unable to list these devices via the UI, and therefore unable to automatically (re)enable them.

Q: is there a file I can edit/delete (via putty) that will list these blocked devices ?

Thanks,
Jim H.

Can you not see these blocked devices when using a computer to log into the router?

The devices are no longer recognizes by the router. They simply do not authenticate to the router (even though their MAC addresses are permitted/listed.

Sorry, I meant can you not see in the router gui the blocked devices, when connected to the router with a computer?

Have you reset the devices 'network settings'?

Sorry, I meant can you not see in the router gui the blocked devices, when connected to the router with a computer?

Have you reset the devices 'network settings'?

When he deleted the App (note the Apple Store thing), it also deletes the settings that the App had - I'm thinking there is something in that API that the WebGUI isn't seeing - hence the suggestion perhaps is to reset the Router and start from scratch...

(could be a bug in the API that the Asus App on iOS/Android uses)

Hey sfx2000, hello! Good point(s), of course.

But trying everything else that is simple/fast before a full reset and manual config may be worthwhile too. :)

Hey sfx2000, hello! Good point(s), of course.

But trying everything else that is simple/fast before a full reset and manual config may be worthwhile too. :)

Welcome back old friend - good to see you!

The Asus app has been a bit scary, as it's not very well documented - resetting a device isn't hard, so that's a good first step, but once that's done, and still no-worky - then it's time to reset the router...

Recently, I discovered (after deleting the Asus router app) that I inadvertently blocked two wireless devices on my Asus RT-AC3100.

After reloading the Asus router app (via apple store), I was unable to list these devices via the UI, and therefore unable to automatically (re)enable them.

Q: is there a file I can edit/delete (via putty) that will list these blocked devices ?

Thanks,
Jim H.
Open up the router GUI from a computer. Navigate to the AiProtection tab. From there click on the parental controls then time scheduling. You will see the blocked device in the list.