What's new

ASUS DDNS not updating WAN IP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

I have Asus DDNS setup which I use to establish a VPN connection. For the past few weeks Open VPN won’t connect and I noticed it’s resolving the DDNS host name to a different IP,most likely the last WAN IP. Hope I’ve described the issue correctly. At the moment my WAN IP is different to what this page shows when I query my DDNS name.
http://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php
Last time this happened rebooting resolved the issue but today again same thing.

Yes there's an issue with the ddns from ASUS since yesterday so I switched to afraid. Looking at logs it seems let's encrypt has issues as it says certificate has expired and can't get a new one

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes there's an issue with the ddns from ASUS since yesterday so I switched to afraid. Looking at logs it seems let's encrypt has issues as it says certificate has expired and can't get a new one

Is it me, or is the afraid site one of the most confusing and difficult sites to male sense of? I looked at it the other day when Merlin said he uses Afraid instead of Asuscomm.com and gave up. Asus is just so convenient and easy. I don’t believe I’ve had a single problem with it in 5 years, bu I’m loth to reboot the router and modem to get a new IP just to see if there’s a problem.

I wonder if there’s scope for a script that would email the router’s public IP address once a day so that if one’s DDNS provider wend down, one could modify the .ovpn file on the client swapping the DDNS address for the current IP address as a temporary fallback?

Taking the output of getrealip.sh and emailing the result once a day. (If I had the skills I’d give it a go.)

Is it me, or is the afraid site one of the most confusing and difficult sites to male sense of? I looked at it the other day when Merlin said he uses Afraid instead of Asuscomm.com and gave up. Asus is just so convenient and easy. I don’t believe I’ve had a single problem with it in 5 years, bu I’m loth to reboot the router and modem to get a new IP just to see if there’s a problem.
Hehe yeah it looks to basic but the main thing to remember after registering is loving and go to subdomains tab then chose one and validate and that's it

you have to wait for new firmware with updated letsencrypt version (old one has expired about 2 weeks ago).