What's new

Asus ddns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
I am trying to use asuscomm. Com ddns. The renew parametri is in day unit My problem is the my provider change IP every 2 hour.
How can i solved? Changing ddns provider?
Please give me the right suggestion

That parameter is only for forced renewal (to avoid accounts being disabled due to inactivity). The DDNS will automatically update if the WAN IP has changed.

Thanks
This means that the problem s different. The address of wan ip showed on top here
Capture.PNG

doesn't match the internal ping translation of to xxxxxx,asuscomm.com.
I have a Modem attached in bridge mode to my asus router.

How I can fix?

Obviously it i test WAN IP address directly works and it is forwarded to right node.

You have an orange warning light bulb icon after ….asuscomm.com in the screenshot. That is telling you there is a problem. I’m not sure if you can click on that icon and get further information. Maybe the DDNS page gives you some more information? Anyway, the thing is that your router has detected there is a problem with your DDNS.

You have an orange warning light bulb icon after ….asuscomm.com in the screenshot. That is telling you there is a problem. I’m not sure if you can click on that icon and get further information. Maybe the DDNS page gives you some more information? Anyway, the thing is that your router has detected there is a problem with your DDNS.
I thought that was the let's encrypt logo
zkKurBuifZ8X1Q1X9Zk9h0xJX0yTgkVYDYpRpTpx.png

I thought that was the let's encrypt logo
View attachment 54931
Ooos! Sorry, I thought it was a warning. I’m not using Let’s Encrypt so I don’t know. Memory must be playing tricks with me because I thought I’d seen the same icon when my own router had noticed a problem. (But they’re so rare that it’s all very hazy.). On the other hand, what’s the purpose of showing a Let’s Encrypt icon; what’s it telling you?

Ooos! Sorry, I thought it was a warning. I’m not using Let’s Encrypt so I don’t know. Memory must be playing tricks with me because I thought I’d seen the same icon when my own router had noticed a problem. (But they’re so rare that it’s all very hazy.). On the other hand, what’s the purpose of showing a Let’s Encrypt icon; what’s it telling you?
It's telling you that your router has a "Lets Encrypt" DDNS service - as opposed to the many other certifications available I guess.

Doesn'react to the click

when I used it (when I NEEDED a DDNS tunnel), I had a trouble-free experience with Hurricane Electric's tunnelbroker.net
If you have taken Hurricane's ipv6 "certification" course, I seem to recall that your login/password combo will also work at tunnelbroker, and that you are entitled to a /48 (and have other services available to you free of charge)

Thanks
This means that the problem s different. The address of wan ip showed on top here
View attachment 54930
doesn't match the internal ping translation of to xxxxxx,asuscomm.com.
I have a Modem attached in bridge mode to my asus router.

How I can fix?

Obviously it i test WAN IP address directly works and it is forwarded to right node.

Hi, you are in a double-nat environment, you can check it in WAN --> DDNS

Screenshot 2023-12-18 alle 18.25.09.jpg

As you can see, I am in this situation and my ISP does not change the external/public IP often, but when it does obviously the WAN interface, which has its own internal/private IP does not change and therefore the DDNS IP is not updated.

To overcome this I inserted in cron the restart of the ddns_le service every 30 minutes (I saw in the log that the apply button of the DDNS service activates that service)

Screenshot 2023-12-18 alle 18.35.11.jpg

However, I don't like this solution very much, I'm thinking of creating a script that invokes a service like myip.com and checks the contents of the DDNS cache files present on the router, and if the two IPs don't match, then restart the ddns_le service.

To be honest I don't know if I'm trying to find a solution to a fake problem, since my ISP doesn't change the external IP very often.