What's new

Asus GT-AX6000 and Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

Hello. I just flashed my AX6000 with the current Merlin. Upon reboot I get a small Merlin logo on the upper left, otherwise I get the same factory interface. I tried flashing again, set to factory and a couple of reboots, and it was the same. There is no error when I flash.

thanks, B j

Merlin's version looks identical to the original. What firmware version is displayed at the top?
Screenshot_2023-11-01-14-49-58-21_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Merlin's version looks identical to the original. What firmware version is displayed at the top?

that is what I was looking for. There is no version number displayed. If I go into Firmware upload the version number displayed is 3004.388.4_rog. Also, after the flash to Merlin the Asus firmware settings are kept.

It is weird.

thanks

It is weird. You are flashing via the gui and not the app right?

There is no version number displayed. If I go into Firmware upload the version number displayed is 3004.388.4_rog.
You flashed the "rog" version. That version is supplied on an "as is" basis. If you flash the non-rog version you'll get the fully supported "traditional" UI.

Also, after the flash to Merlin the Asus firmware settings are kept.
As expected.

P.S. You posted this question in the addons forum by mistake.

You flashed the "rog" version. That version is supplied on an "as is" basis. If you flash the non-rog version you'll get the fully supported "traditional" UI.

As expected.

That was it, thanks. Nice to see the familiar Merlin 'face'. Apologies about the incorrect forum.

Bj

Image1.jpg

This is what you should see on the ROG version - which sounds it's what you've got

As expected.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between a Rog Merlin version, and a Non-Rog Merlin version ?

Thanx for your response :)

Red ROG GUI vs standard blue Asuswrt GUI. ROG models only and experimental. Not available for your new RT-AX88U Pro router.

Red ROG GUI vs standard blue Asuswrt GUI. ROG models only and experimental. Not available for your new RT-AX88U Pro router.
Actually, I first ordered the GT-AX6000 router, and then changed my mind and ordered the RT-AX88U Pro router. Main reason is because it's newer and then will have a longer support than the GT one.
Hope I didn't make a bad choice, it's €50 more than the GT router.

For a mere €50 extra, I would get the RT-AX88U Pro today too.

Hope they were both on sale.

For a mere €50 extra, I would get the RT-AX88U Pro today too.

Hope they were both on sale.
I don't know if the router was on sale really. It's from Amazon, you know ;)
I paid €300, so I don't know if I got ripped off, seems to be the price range here in France.