What's new

Asus GT-AXE16000 VLAN2 Save IP/MAC pairs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Etherion

New Around Here
Hi. I got a brand new Asus GT-AXE16000, and I was shocked to discover that this flagship router cannot set up VLANs. So Reading on this forum that the Beta does support it, I flash the latest Firmware Version:9.0.0.6.102_4856 and, after a few minutes of mucking around it, found out that one can set up VLANs. Great, but one can't fix the IP MAC pairs on that VLAN. The Guest Network Pro has a setting under advance that allows me to enable DHCP for that network. The problem is that some devices I want to keep separate cannot set a static IP on themselves. I prefer to assign specific ports to my devices, making it troublesome when they unexpectedly receive a new IP address. To enhance security and control, I have established a VLAN to isolate a segment of my network, which is a standard networking practice. This device should be able to perform this function as most lower-end devices do. The VLAN2 operates on 192.168.2.xx IP range which is isolated from the primary 192.168.1.xxx range.

Does ASUSWRT have this?

1690461123288.png

1690461145989.png

but one can't fix the IP MAC pairs on that VLAN

Same observation on my AX88U-Pro running Firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514. I have not found an option to Bind MAC and IP Address for VLANs.

And, you may find that wired devices on "Customized Network" VLANs are not being reported on the Network Map > [View List] > [Network] under the VLAN section. Instead, these devices show under the "Wired" section. AND, on the Guest Network Pro > Profile List > Clients list, none of my wired clients show up.

So, clearly, Asus has some more work to do on the 3.0.0.6 generation firmware.

Added...
In my case, my router port #1 is connected to a GS308T 8 Port Plus L2 Switch with VLAN configuration as follows:
Screenshot 2023-07-27 082409.png

And my LAN > VLAN > [VLAN] > Port one "Mode" is set to "All" (default). I'm not sure this is a correct config but it does seem to work.😊 I point this out to say that my VLAN is wired through a switch, not router WiFi.

And, I'm wondering if the router's LAN > LAN IP address which is customarily:
IP Address 192.168.XXX.1​
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0​

... needs to be changed to something like:
IP Address 192.168.XXX.1​
Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0​

... to accept more/VLAN subnets. I am reluctant to make this change as this is my production machine and all is working, in spite of the afore mentioned shortcomings.

Last edited:
I bought a GT-Ax6000 that I configure today, same problem...

I'm happy to finally have a router with a Vlan, but I think it's a fairly basic function that has been forgotten.

To be continued for the rest of the things...

I have the same issue
Device: RT-AX88U Pro
Firmware version: 3.0.0.6.102_33308

The difference is that in this version if you try to bind the mac address to the IP from the network map page, the feature is missing for devices connected to VLAN

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!