What's new

GT-AXE16000 - WiFi MAC Reservations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Riptide

Regular Contributor
When attempting to set a DHCP reservation on my GT-AXE16000 router I am unsuccessful. The device is on the 2.4ghz WiFi band. When adding the MAC and data into the table, then clicking Apply, the screen refreshes but saves nothing. I also don't get the progress indicator (in percent) that you typically see when applying a new reservation. I have existing Ethernet reservations in the table that are working fine.

Is this expected behavior for WiFi devices on this router? You can only set reservations for Ethernet devices? I have Merlin firmware loaded from a few weeks back. So should be fairly recent.

Last edited:
Is this device on 2.4GHz Guest Network 1 by chance?

Negative. Is on the typical 2.4ghz band I'm using at the property. Not on any special network or zone.

I haven't attempted to create an Ethernet reservation since I noticed this behavior so I'm unable at present to confirm this issue is isolated to WiFi or just this device though I strongly suspect that it is.

When attempting to set a DHCP reservation on my GT-AXE16000 router I am unsuccessful. The device is on the 2.4ghz WiFi band. When adding the MAC and data into the table, then clicking Apply, the screen refreshes but saves nothing. I also don't get the progress indicator (in percent) that you typically see when applying a new reservation. I have existing Ethernet reservations in the table that are working fine.

Is this expected behavior for WiFi devices on this router? You can only set reservations for Ethernet devices? I have Merlin firmware loaded from a few weeks back. So should be fairly recent.

Are you clicking the "+" before hitting apply? And you have "enable manual assignment" set to "yes"?

If so try a different browser, or private/incognito mode.

This was user error.

I evidently wasn't hitting the + before applying. I was able to get the MAC added to the table and all is well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!