What's new

ASUS RP-AC68U - Firmware options ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asm1

Occasional Visitor
Being sent one of these by a friend who no longer has any use for it. He can't remember what firmware is on it (sitting in a box for 6 months +), and I was wondering since my own RT-AC 3200 is quite happily running Merlin firmware, what are my options in terms of custom firmware?

I know it isn't supported by Merlin, but is there anything better than stock ASUS out there for it?

Hi, you best bet as of today is to install the last official fw version (3.0.0.4.382.10513), configure it as simple as possible and once it works stable, leave it alone. It can work quite reliably with the 3200 based on my experience (I'm quite happy with it), but there are varying experiences around.. there are no custom firmwares for this repeater.

Being sent one of these by a friend who no longer has any use for it. He can't remember what firmware is on it (sitting in a box for 6 months +), and I was wondering since my own RT-AC 3200 is quite happily running Merlin firmware, what are my options in terms of custom firmware?

I know it isn't supported by Merlin, but is there anything better than stock ASUS out there for it?
I've got one too with my AC3200.

It's on the latest firmware and that's the best one available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi, you best bet as of today is to install the last official fw version (3.0.0.4.382.10513), configure it as simple as possible and once it works stable, leave it alone. It can work quite reliably with the 3200 based on my experience (I'm quite happy with it), but there are varying experiences around.. there are no custom firmwares for this repeater.

I've got one too with my AC3200.

It's on the latest firmware and that's the best one available.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for info both, that's what I have done (ie set and forget). I shall look out for further "official" updates but as said, it is getting left alone now it is on the latest fw and seems to be working quite well. :) In any case, it is much better than a previous repeater in the same room. Was a pain in the @rse to set up but once done it hasn't missed a beat. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!