What's new

Asus RT-AC66U B1 review request

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

umarmung

Not sure where to put this thread. The bolded and capitalized warning on the forum page against posting threads in the "Wireless Article Discussions" forum is terrifying, so I decided to ask here instead. :eek:

Is there any chance SmallNetBuilder could review the Asus RT-AC66U B1 now, please? The reason I asked, other than the fact it is has been rapidly gaining in popularity, is because on the "Asus End-of-Life Product List" the "RT-AC66U_B1" is the main recommended router to replace the previous WiFi generation.

As a sub-$100 3x3 consumer router, it is really only competing with the old staple TP-Link Archer C7 which is getting a bit long in the tooth to comfortably recommended in 2018. Though I still reluctantly do when I have to ...

As a possibly strong value and performance unit, it was surprisingly missing from most review sites including The WireCutter or ArsTechnica.

And perhaps SmallNetBuilder can, most importantly of all, settle the correct name for the router once and for all: is it "RT-AC66UB1", "RT-AC66U-B1" or "RT-AC66U_B1". Even Asus seem to use different names for it! :confused:

Probably not because its pretty old now (in review terms, not in terms of usability) and its pretty much an AC68U in a different casing so you could go off the AC68U review. Not surprised if it sells well as the AC68U itself is pretty well liked.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!