What's new

Asus RT-AC68U slow 5Ghz and 2 Ghz Download and Upload speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abhinav

New Around Here
I have 1 Gbps connection when connected on Lan from the router to desktop i get around 880 Mbps Upload and Download but from both the wifi channels 5Ghz and 2 Ghz i get around 470 Mbps Upload and download .
I have tried to change all the Wireless Mode, Channel bandwidth, Control Channel the best i get 470 Mbps Upload and download for but the advertised speed on the router is 1300 Mbps on 5Ghz

Can anyone help me with how can i increase the speed

The advertised rate is the link rate, not the transfer rate. It's typical for the actual throughput to be roughly half of your link rate.

I have been reading in forums people getting speed around 900 Mbps on this router with 15 meters in range for 5 Ghz channel

Source? Cause I doubt this router can break 700-750 Mbps with a 3x3 client. Based on your numbers, I suspect you use a 2x2 client, with a max link rate of 866Mbps.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I am not sure but which router you think can deliver closer to 1 Gbps . i can upgrade to it

The router won't make any difference if your computers don't have a matching wireless client. The high-end laptops can't generally go beyond 500-600 Mbps of throughput for instance, with the average laptop being limited to 100-150 Mbps of throughput.

Ohhh i have MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013 it has Wireless Adapter ( 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) with Link Speed of 1 Gbit/ S would this work?

Thanks for helping me out

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x134) , Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.171.126.1a2) , Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac . Mac Os - Mac os Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) this is wifi details

I think these are 3x3, which means a maximum throughput rate of around 700-800 Mbps under ideal conditions.

530 Mbps is excellent for wireless. I doubt you will ever do better. Even if you link at a faster speed the speed will falloff due to environmental impact a spurious noise/interference and the need to periodically re-transmit a packet.

530 is great.