What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U, DD-WRT questioned in the correct operation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jfk.1963

New Around Here
DD-WRT questioned in the correct operation of the router.

Hello everyone

As I encountered worries on my router,
I started to snoop like a fox everywhere and came across dd-wrt (flashrouter) provider who no longer assured the sale of asus rt-ac88u routers flashed ....

Searches for companies, it seems that dd-wrt renders unstable the recent router of Asus. Why How? Was not the meaning of my research:

Today, I just want to go back to the original firmware of Asus quite to go then on the firmware of Merlin.

I do not hide it:
Dd-wrt is a calamity.

I used the traditional methods of refurbishing factory:
Revert to original ASUS firmware

1 Download firmware from ASUS web site
2 Reset to Factory Default Settings or clear NVRAM
3 Firmware upgrade ">3 Use the DD-WRT web gui: Administration -> Firmware upgrade
4 Reset to Factory Default Settings or clear NVRAM

Admittedly the factory default is accepted.
I have not found clear NVRAM

But when you upgrade your Asus firmware, with or without, reset factory, the operation aborts:
you always return to DD-wrt and the initial page that prompts you to change the factory password.

This is the first time I've encountered such a problem with dd-wrt.
Will I have to do it by ethernet rather than by wifi? No idea, at the moment, either plant.

My question: has anyone here ever managed to get back to the original firmware? And if so, how (would it be possible to have a tutorial)?

In the rigor, I will content myself with a firmware Merlin for that it is functional ....

Thank you all for the good answers you will give me

Put the router into recovery mode. Turn it off, hold the reset button in while you turn it on. Keep holding the reset button in till the power led flashes, then either use the firmware restoration tool or open your browser to 192.168.1.1 and use the mini cfe web browser.
Might help to set a static ip on your computer. 192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!