What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Disconnection Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

seanjordan20

New Around Here
signature version: 2.166
version: 384.15

I have been having issues with my router since the 384.14 release. My router will reset itself every couple weeks. I constantly have to manually program my setting back and then everything is fine.

I have tried to correct the issue by bringing it back to factory default and starting back over but still get the same thing after 2-3 weeks. I have no third party FW or not running anything but basic settings. I am at a lost with this. I reset everything last night and this morning woke up to it reset again. I pulled the log and saw i am getting a lot of errors for some reason. Can someone make out why?

I have attached the syslog

signature version: 2.166
version: 384.15

I have been having issues with my router since the 384.14 release. My router will reset itself every couple weeks. I constantly have to manually program my setting back and then everything is fine.

I have tried to correct the issue by bringing it back to factory default and starting back over but still get the same thing after 2-3 weeks. I have no third party FW or not running anything but basic settings. I am at a lost with this. I reset everything last night and this morning woke up to it reset again. I pulled the log and saw i am getting a lot of errors for some reason. Can someone make out why?

I have attached the syslog

When you say "reset" you mean it reboots or it just goes completely to default?

it reboots itself and resets to factory default. I go to login and i have to set it all back up.

The only thing i can think about right now is a power supply issue. I had issues with my RT-AC88u for several years including resets but never going back to default. Eventually, i demoted it to an access point and eventually sold it several months ago.

Thats where i am now. The power supply is good. I switched it out for a new one. I thought i would come here to see if someone could give me some other options

I’ve done some troubleshooting and when adding my second node I had my main pc jump on my Ooma (voip device) and I was pulling a an ip from the device. For some reason it was using it as a bridge. I’ve disconnected the device to do a burn in. I will see after 48 hrs then connect it back once I telnet into it to see if there’s something in it that’s not suppose to be and update the firmware.

The steps that was on link above I have already done. Hopefully the voip device was what was giving the many errors I was having. I know I also had a few WDS errors