What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Makaveli

Very Senior Member
@RMerlin Will you eventually add this router to the list of supported by your firmware?

The AX88U Pro looks to be a update to the original AX88U. Like AX6000 in AX88U skin and since the AX6000 is already supported ?

I would upgrade to this instead of the AX6000 when I decide to move my Wan speed past 1 Gbps if supported.

1675952661285.png

Will you eventually add this router to the list of supported by your firmware?
I don't have anything to announce yet, sorry.

I never announce support until after I have it done, and right now I am waiting for any GPL updates.

I don't have anything to announce yet, sorry.

I never announce support until after I have it done, and right now I am waiting for any GPL updates.
all good boss just figured I would put it out there :)

Perfect example in my opinion that not everything new is better. Especially for the past couple of years I see a lot of “new” or updated tech that doesn’t make any sense and you pay more money but get less or worse of a product.

On paper, the RT-AX88U Pro is a nicely balanced product. Having a pair of multigig port is certainly a good improvement over the RT-AX86U Pro for anyone with 1+ Gbps Internet access.

Its seem by specs and its looks to be a less controversial looking GT-AX6000.
That is why it perfer it, looks alot more neutral and less gamer and will fit better in my living room.

No RGB boost. Not good. ;)

I figured GT-AX11000 Pro is the best new Asus router. It's the only one marketed as ROG and Pro at the same time. :)

I figured GT-AX11000 Pro is the best new Asus router. It's the only one marketed as ROG and Pro at the same time. :)

The price for this model in CAD is very high. If it didn't look like a spider and was using the same chasis as the ax88u i would consider but the look and the price are a major turn off.

1676129669299.png

Expensive, but you're getting the only one with ROG, Pro and RGB. You may also find an ACURA on your network, not just a HONDA.

:D

Hi everyone I am new here. So I cannot use my RT-AX88U Pro for Merlin right now? I downloaded the 88U Firmare but no success. Please confirm so I will wait and hope for it

Welcome to the forums @thomaswillner.

Confirmed. You need to wait to see if it will (ever) come (no guarantees).

Thank I just saw a BETA for it has been released by Merlin. When I try to upload the firmware (wireless) I get:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

Is it really needed to use a LAN Cabel from PC to Router as it would be a major hassle...?

Did you read that in the readme files? Typically, wired isn't necessary for Asus routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!