What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

32386 was causing issues with 5Ghz connectivity on my next cameras, so I went back to 32100 which had no issues. My Nest cameras showed connected to the router, but were offline in the Nest app. Powercycling the camera didn't fix it. Rebooting the router did, but after a few hours, one or more the cameras would show offline in the Nest app. Never had this issue with any of the cameras in two years. No issues on 32100 after 4 days since I re-installed it.

I think the problems people have with 5GHz on 32386 is because "WiFi Agile Multiband" is enabled by default on that build. My 5GHz disappears when that setting is enabled.
Have been running 32386 for a while now with no apparent problems after disabling it.

Not specific to the 388-series betas, but I seem to have found the cause of my dropping SPF+ WAN connections.

Due to some cabling problems I've had a flapping connection (LAN-uplink) on the other (10Base-T) WAN/LAN interface. It seems that this flapping eventually stops the routing on the SPF+ interface. I'm guessing whatever routine is used to determine if the 10Base-T interface should be or WAN or LAN fails after repeated reconnects.

After moving the poor LAN-uplink to one of the 1Gbit ports the WAN on the SPF+ interface has been stable.

It would be great if you could manually set the 10G interfaces to either WAN or LAN.

Submitted this feedback to ASUS.

Hi.
everyone with WIFI issues on the last beta.

please provide Feedback.

i report the issues to ASUS.

thanks!

Hi.
everyone with WIFI issues on the last beta.

please provide Feedback.

i report the issues to ASUS.

thanks!
Currently on 32386 and no issues so far. Previously I had issues with this beta, but after some testing saw that the 5ghz instability came with 160mhz + DFS channels (116). Now changed it to 48-52 and everything stable so far with zero issues.

I updated to 388_32403.
The AX89X was unstable after the update, but after restoring it with the configuration file and rebooting it, it is running stable.
I don't know about the WiFi function as I have not used it.

I updated to 388_32403.
The AX89X was unstable after the update, but after restoring it with the configuration file and rebooting it, it is running stable.
I don't know about the WiFi function as I have not used it.
For the last days no issues here. Very stable on 403 version

Are you getting this beta from Mark Lee ?

3.0.0.4.388_32407, has been sent to test department and wait for result. Official firmware will be released, ETA, in one month if no big issue. Mark been assigned a new project Beta firmware won't be released in a period of time.

Last edited:
3.0.0.4.388_32407, has been sent to test department and wait for result. Official firmware will be released, ETA, in one month if no big issue. Mark been assigned a new project Beta firmware won't be released in a period of time.
very interesting information!!
thanks for it!!

maybe this will be de end of life of this router, allways delayed the new versions and this are not good news for a so expensive router

"
Dear customer,

Thanks for the update. URL of the latest beta firmware is shown below.
Sorry, I've been assigned a new project and same version firmware has been sent to test department. Official firmware will be release, ETA, in a month if not big issue. I'll not release new beta firmware for a period of time.

RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_32407-gb7814fc_for_user.trx
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/CCA809678F9B45D3BCCCE2479CAB34B74"

I am sorry

still the same problem with my mesh setup, which is not working with the xt8. I will give up and buy a newer model. It seems my issue will not be solved in any new release.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!