What's new

Asus RT-N13U iPhone doesn't connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

danishm

New Around Here
I just bought this router and configured it as:

-SSID broadcast
-No Mac filtering.
-Open Air with WEP
-DHCP enabled

So far Im able to connect my wireless devices through this router except iPhone 3gs. iPhone has wireless enabled and do a search for wireless networks and does find other network but this new router network.
I've looked online and on this fourm and found no one reporting it.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues trying to connect an iphone via this router.

Thanks
danish

New finding: I hard rebooted the iPhone and when it came back it connected fine to the wireless routher. But after few hours it lost the wireless connection again.
Wireless router and iphone are located in the same room.

Needs new firmware.

Ralink updated their wireless drivers to address this issue early this year.

You'll need to check if ASUS has updated it.

I just bought this router and configured it as:

-SSID broadcast
-No Mac filtering.
-Open Air with WEP
-DHCP enabled

So far Im able to connect my wireless devices through this router except iPhone 3gs. iPhone has wireless enabled and do a search for wireless networks and does find other network but this new router network.
I've looked online and on this fourm and found no one reporting it.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues trying to connect an iphone via this router.

Thanks
danish

Nephew iTouch is 802.11g that connects here. Make sure your have mix mode or 802.11g enabled. These can't use 802.11n unless it offered. OS 4 supports that.