What's new

Asus USB-AC51 Wireless adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DogNet

New Around Here
Hi, I got my new AC51 here today, and it worked great for 5-7min. Now I all i get is no network found. Been trying all drivers I could find on Asus's supportpage. Nothing seems to work.

The network is not an issue for my Iphone or my Acer Laptop. But for this little USB device it seems its the devil.

It also seems to die/turn it self off, and cant be re enabled with out taking it out and plugging it back in.

I'm at a loss here, as I am used to Ethernet, not wireless.

Using:
Windows 10 x64 uptodate build

There is just a red X on the wirless icon, in the start bar/taskbar. And no network found. If I find a network it will either crash on connection or not find internet and shutdown after 5-10min.

Any help will be appriciated.

Have been in contact with Asus support, 3 different people all used 2hours + on saying / typing, that they needed a little bit more time before they shutdown the conversation.

List of what I have tried:
Re install and old/new drivers/software
  • Reset the TCP/IP stack
  • Release the IP address
  • Renew the IP address
  • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache
  • reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
  • netcfg -v -u dni_dne
  • Set to maximum power preformance and turned off that windows can turn off the device

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!