1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus ZenWifi AX Gigabit internet speed?

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by psykix, Apr 8, 2020.

1. psykix

psykix Occasional Visitor

Anyone got this router and can get full internet speed on a gigabit connection?

I'm in the UK and I've upgraded to Fibre 900 with BT (910Mbps down, 110Mbps up).

I can only get around 500-700Mbps on a gigabit wired client via the router. I've tried the obvious stuff like turning off QoS, AI Protection, DoS, and traffic analyzer.

Just wanted to check the router should be capable of pushing faster speeds!

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Are you running the latest firmware for it?

You may want to do a full reset to factory defaults too. Simply turning off settings may not be enough to enable/allow the full performance again. :)

The client device you use to test too is important. Is it plugged into AC power and set to 'Best Performance', for example?

3. psykix

Yes, running latest firmware. I was considering a factory reset to be honest, although it seems that others who have just similarly upgraded their broadband have similar issues, so may be an ISP issue.

4. psykix

Factory reset fixed it :) I've turned all the AI Protect, DoS, QoS etc on and it's still full speed.

L&LD likes this.