What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23013

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DMcD-EMS-USMC

Occasional Visitor
Version 3.0.0.4.388.23013 47.32 MB 2023/04/13
New Features:
-Built-in Surfshark in VPN Fusion allows you to surf the internet anonymously and securely from anywhere by encrypting connections. Please refer to https://asus.click/SurfsharkVPN
-DDNS transfer allows you to transfer your ASUS DDNS hostname from your original router to the new one. Please refer to https://asus.click/ASUSDDNS

Bug fixes and functionality modifications:
-Resolved the issue with login and password changes.
-Resolved the IPSec VPN connection issues.
-Resolved the Instant Guard connection issues.
-Fixed the issue where Traffic Analyzer sometimes couldn't record data.
-Fixed the time display issue for the preferred upgrade time in the Auto Firmware Upgrade function.
-Fine-tuned the description for port status.
-Enabled DynDNS and No-IP DDNS to use IPv6.
-Fixed AiMesh preferred AP identification in site survey results.
-Updated timezone list for Greenland, Mexico, and Iran.
-Fixed memory leak issue.

Security updates:
-Enabled and supported ECDSA certificates for Let's Encrypt.
-Enhanced protection for credentials.
-Enhanced protection for OTA firmware updates.
-Fixed DoS vulnerabilities in firewall configuration pages. Thanks to Jinghe Gao's contribution.
-Fixed DoS vulerabilities in httpd. Thanks to Howard McGreehan.
-Fixed information disclosure vulnerability. Thanks to Junxu (Hillstone Network Security Research Institute) contribution.
-Fixed CVE-2023-28702 and CVE-2023-28703. Thanks to Xingyu Xu(@tmotfl) contribution.
-Fixed null pointer dereference vulnerabilities. Thanks to Chengfeng Ye, Prism Research Group - cse hkust contribution.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 06905f30043d954b5f46b769e6052ce4

Download here: ZenWiFi Pro ET12 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23013

Has anyone tried to downgrade/re-flash from the latest beta to this release version?
I did it with no issues, was on the latest bata and manually put this and so far all good. Backhaul link is more solid now in this version, in the latest beta it was yellow all time.

Firmware is running fine, I have 3 nodes.
Installed it dirty without a full reset
I notice that the CPU’S are more busy now, but I don’t know why, i don’t see any strange loggings or what’s so ever.
It’s also running al little bit hotter.
After reboot it stays the same.
Installed this firmware a week ago

Been couple of days since I dirty updated to 23013 from 21739. The setup has been very stable with no issues. There's one hick up on one of the nodes in that devices connected to 6G got an IP address but no internet connection. Rebooted that node and has been fine for 12 hours and going.....

Downgraded from Beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856 to this released version a few days ago and everything seems to be working fine. Three node mesh with wired backhaul.

Yes, Beta firmware is on level x.0.0.6.xxxx, not x.0.0.4.xxxx.

First issue on mine. AiMesh UI does not display correctly. Tried on different browsers (Edge/Chrome) and on Windows machines and my Android phone. Same issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428_115620_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428_115620_Samsung Internet.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 99
I had to revert my firmware back to .21xxx - this firmware was causing some of my security cameras to constantly disconnect

In this case I would stay longer on the current latest beta...
Sorry I meant to say the beta got very problematic. That's why I went to the latest stable.

On the beta - rebooting cased some of the guest networks to be unavailable and it was annoying. For instance, my IOT network had to be restarted several times before my devices would re connect

Sorry I meant to say the beta got very problematic. That's why I went to the latest stable.

On the beta - rebooting cased some of the guest networks to be unavailable and it was annoying. For instance, my IOT network had to be restarted several times before my devices would re connect
OK, so you actually mean the latest stable version is better than the latest beta.

For me, I am currently using the beta and experienced no big issue. That's why I am struggling to go back to stable firmware.. as I had a bad time with the previous stable version.. the UI will become unresponsive after serveral days and one of my node would always get disconnect after a few days...

Well, most stable on my ET12 so far. 13 days and counting with no issue or UI slow down whatsoever. And 13 days ago I manually rebooted the router just to refresh to a more advantageous IP range with my ISP, not because of any issue with the system.....

Screenshot 2023-05-04 140556.jpg

First issue for me. DNS on the router stopped responding today (after > 19 days uptime). Rebooting solved the issue. Will see if it reoccurs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!