What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 10 has a bug on ax86u with iOS app:
go to Settings – Wi-Fi – wireless settings – network settings, enable 160mhz option is turned off, although 160mhz is already enabled through the web. The toggle is basically broken. Even if you press the toggle, the apply button remains inactive. So you cant enable 160mhz through the app.

Beta 10 has a bug on ax86u with iOS app:
go to Settings – Wi-Fi – wireless settings – network settings, enable 160mhz option is turned off, although 160mhz is already enabled through the web. The toggle is basically broken. Even if you press the toggle, the apply button remains inactive. So you cant enable 160mhz through the app.
Beta 10? The latest I saw in the first post of this thread in RC 2-9.

I hope RC10 will be released soon. Still a lot of bugs.
I doubt there will more anye betas. Ax88u has already seen a 386 release. It seems the release for others is imminent. I could be wrong though.

some other bugs i have seen are:

after the last iOS app update and running the latest rc9, I keep getting this: “ ASUS router would like to find and connected to ASUS devices on your local network” I have already enabled that in ios setting. But it keeps popping up that message from time to time. I have enabled everything on the settings. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times but still the same.

and,

With the new release of iOS app, in devices list. I see 2.4 logo next to my 2.4 ghz devices but I see “5-1” next to my 5ghz devices. Is this a mistake? It used to say “5” only. I am not using mesh network. I am not sure whether it is bug or feature.

Speedtest on directly on AX11000 is much slower then on a Ipad with the same server

That's normal, the CPU in your iPad is much faster.

That's normal, the CPU in your iPad is much faster.
Mmm ... I don’t agree ... because I get high speeds on my router (ultra) And before you ask ... test was done without other internet activity... :oops:
Ipad is even Wi-Fi, Router is directly connected ...

Last edited:
If your iPad is one of the latest models, it is much faster than what the router is capable of. ;)

What happens when you turn down the Transmit power of the radios in the professional settings tab .. Both the 2.4 and 5GHz can be adjusted there
I've ended up with 1 of my RT-AX56U nodes constantly changing 5Ghz channels to everything except the fixed one set. The other node and main router are staying where they have been put. Very weird behaviour which might be more about buggy channel allocation on the AX56Us

I've just upgraded my 3 x RT-AC68Us from V3.0.0.4.385.20585 to V9.0.0.4.386.41157. One node is on ethernet backhaul, the other is wireless. All three devices were reset after the upgrade and reconfigured.
My desktop is wired to the node on ethernet backhaul, and I'm seeing disconnects at least three times a day. Sometimes lasting a few seconds, sometimes more than a minute.
I've also tried using my desktop with said node on wireless, and the disconnects appear a lot more frequent.
I regularly RDP into my laptop (wirelessly connected) from my desktop for work, and the connection is just not as fluid as it used to be, but it does improve if i plug it into the same node.

It feels like both the ethernet backhaul and the wireless are performing worst than the old firmware. The master router seems fine, but the nodes are just not as reliable either way.
I've had guest network enabled on both bands before and after the upgrade. And both nodes appear to have excellent signal. I'm not sure what's wrong or how I can improve things, or if the routers are getting old and tired for AiMesh.

@ASUSWRT_2020
Just to report on my XT8s in individual AP mode, when WPA3 is enabled on 5G-2 (backhaul channel unhidden for client connections), my Samsung S20 devices will randomly fail to connect to the AP with an error of "Invalid Password". A reboot of the AP will bring the 5G-2 back up for client connections. Other channels without WPA3 enabled(neither WPA3 or WPA3/WPA2) has no such problem.

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020

A question to those that are using a ethernet backhaul for AiMesh. From the the AiMesh menu and under system settings, enabling the "ethernet backhaul mode" option, i.e. on the Main router, clients are no longer seen/visible in the wireless log, for those clients which are connected to nodes. You can see the clients through the client list for each node, but as mentioned above, they are no longer visible in the wireless log, only those clients that are attached to the main AiMesh router remain visible in the wireless log. Is this normal/expected behaviour?

Last edited:
Good idea I will try that, however I'm a little concerned that Smart Connect, and probably the mesh itself, act on the signal strength received from the client device, therefore I might have devices connected to my AX88U which aren't receiving a good signal back.
So with a combination of TX power and Roaming assistant Enable, Disconnect Clients with RSSI lower than -xx dBm , it should settle down..
I would, say with your cell phone, run Wifiman from the app store or indeed , any decent Wifi Analyser that shows you the current RSSI, wander around the house towards the extremes and watch what the phones RSSI reports when it sees the main router/far node when connected to its nearest node..
So then adjust the RSSI figure to just below the main routers's RSSI when you are connected to and standing by, each node.
It will take time to find the balance, especially with one node that has a more powerful radio.

Mmm ... I don’t agree ... because I get high speeds on my router (ultra) And before you ask ... test was done without other internet activity... :oops:
Ipad is even Wi-Fi, Router is directly connected ...

It's a known and proven fact. The speed test program itself requires a lot of CPU power to generate and handle the traffic used in the test, on top of the routing itself.

Anyone else having problem with "Traffic Analyzer - Statistic" not showing correct values?

@ASUSWRT_2020

Last edited:
So with a combination of TX power and Roaming assistant Enable, Disconnect Clients with RSSI lower than -xx dBm , it should settle down..
I would, say with your cell phone, run Wifiman from the app store or indeed , any decent Wifi Analyser that shows you the current RSSI, wander around the house towards the extremes and watch what the phones RSSI reports when it sees the main router/far node when connected to its nearest node..
So then adjust the RSSI figure to just below the main routers's RSSI when you are connected to and standing by, each node.
It will take time to find the balance, especially with one node that has a more powerful radio.
Sadly even with power set to minimum values, my one node is bouncing around the 5Ghz channels (all except the configured one) including those occupied by my neighbours strong signal. There's something quite strange going on, but I think it might be in the RT-AX56U code which isn't honouring the configured channel setting, although my other RT-AX56U node which is further from the main router is quite stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!