What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you can solve this problem by enabling guest mode for 5g-1 and 2.4g-1 and choose sync to aimesh node-ALL
KingBravery,
Thanks. I will do as you have suggested, after the "Diagnostic debug log capture" is completed and received by ASUS; hoping that they get useful debug information to fix this problem. So I have to leave without WiFi for my AiMesh Nodes for the next 5-6 hours.

That's a bold mix of firmware. :)

Without Internet from a 2xRT-AC86U wireless remote node, RC2-2 39179 has ended before it started for me. I suppose that's a step forward since I did not take my network apart this time.

81858 is running well here now with different SSIDs and fixed channels.

OE

I find it incredibly difficult knowing there is a new FW out and resisting the urge to upgrade :) Can't say things always work as they should, though.

I find it incredibly difficult knowing there is a new FW out and resisting the urge to upgrade :) Can't say things always work as they should, though.

Amateur! :p

(I hope that helps!)

OE

My experiences with this second revision.... Main router (AC 68) works fine.. wifi is great...can connect . reset both the wired and wireless ai mesh nodes.... See wireless but cannot login to it (on either the wired or wireless node) ... only wireless that works is around the main router....

AC-68 wired to AC68 wireless to AC86
(Everyone is updated to beta firmware)

Any hints...
_j

My experiences with this second revision.... Main router (AC 68) works fine.. wifi is great...can connect . reset both the wired and wireless ai mesh nodes.... See wireless but cannot login to it (on either the wired or wireless node) ... only wireless that works is around the main router....

AC-68 wired to AC68 wireless to AC86
(Everyone is updated to beta firmware)

Any hints...
_j
Hope you can solve this problem by enabling guest mode for 5g-1 and 2.4g-1 and choose sync to aimesh node-ALL

Update XT8 11.06pm
Cpu usage suddenly spike much. 35Mbps make core 1,2,3 spike to 20-50%
Ram usage reach 64% suddenly.
Is there anything that trigger this? I dont adjust anything after reboot, and just submit feedback.

Is this normal? If normal, I can ignore it for now

Last edited:
Really Confused ? :D
Traditionally it is Release Candidate, but we seem to be proving otherwise, as this still seems to contain a number of significant glitches. More like an Alpha that the general public gets to debug for Asus...

Traditionally it is Release Candidate, but we seem to be proving otherwise, as this still seems to contain a number of significant glitches. More like an Alpha that the general public gets to debug for Asus...
I know what RC means, it was a joke :p
IMO this fw should be called early alpha, becouse basic functionality does not work. It looks like nobody has checked it before.

I know what RC means, it was a joke :p
IMO this fw should be called early alpha, becouse basic functionality does not work. It looks like nobody has checked it before.
Yes, I meant it in jest, I suspect most of those watching this thread know very well what RC is generally defined as. All good fun:)

Still running this release candidate 2 with two rt-ac88u aimesh via ethernet and do not see any issues. WiFi Network is robust no disconnects. Key was reseting both routers and manually entering the config again.

Just for the facts:

AiMesh_master und AiMesh Node running this beta version: 9.0.0.4.386_38936-gab07b3f

Cheers, Seb

Last edited:
Problem of Ram usage suddenly increase:

After I enter Adaptive QOS section and go back to network map to see cpu and ram usage, ram suddenly increase to 63%. Wait after a while, it goes down back to 52%. I think this section have problem make the cpu and ram goes haywire. I dont know what more that trigger both to not decrease back until manual reboot each unit. (Asus XT8)

KingBravery,
Thanks. I will do as you have suggested, after the "Diagnostic debug log capture" is completed and received by ASUS; hoping that they get useful debug information to fix this problem. So I have to leave without WiFi for my AiMesh Nodes for the next 5-6 hours.
KingBravery,

Thanks. I can confirm that when I Enabled Guest Wifi on 5GHz band, I am able to get internet access on all my 5GHz Wifi devices through both AiMesh Nodes, these devices include a few MacBookPro(s) and a few iPhone(s). The Diagnostic debug log was captured and supposedly sent to ASUS for debugging, hopefully ASUS can get it fix shortly.

Overall I like to new useful futures advertised for this Firmware.

My x92u mesh is setup in AP mode and this firmware seems to stop the ability for wireless devices to get issued IPs from the router. Rebooting both APs fixes it but I'm reverting back to the regular release.
My laptop which is plugged into the mesh node over Ethernet does renew though so only 5ghz and 2.4 devices are affected.

My x92u mesh is setup in AP mode and this firmware seems to stop the ability for wireless devices to get issued IPs from the router. Rebooting both APs fixes it but I'm reverting back to the regular release.
My laptop which is plugged into the mesh node over Ethernet does renew though so only 5ghz and 2.4 devices are affected.
Hi there, you can solve this node problem, not getting ip on nodes by enabling guest mode for 5g-1 and 2.4g-1 and choose sync to aimesh node-ALL

KingBravery,

Thanks. I can confirm that when I Enabled Guest Wifi on 5GHz band, I am able to get internet access on all my 5GHz Wifi devices through both AiMesh Nodes, these devices include a few MacBookPro(s) and a few iPhone(s). The Diagnostic debug log was captured and supposedly sent to ASUS for debugging, hopefully ASUS can get it fix shortly.

Overall I like to new useful futures advertised for this Firmware.
Further Observation: Note the changed of MacAddress of 5.0GHz (BSSID) on AiMesh Node, not sure if it has anything to do with devices not having internet access on 5.0GHz AiMesh Nodes.

Working scenario WITH 5.0GHz Wifi Guest Enabled (Have internet access for 5.0GHz devices on AiMesh Node)
Code:
AiMesh Node 1 (RT-AC86U)
xx:xx:xx:xx:62:D0 -> 5.0GHz BSSID (*)
xx:xx:xx:xx:62:D1 -> 2.4GHz BSSID
xx:xx:xx:xx:62:D5 -> 5.0GHz BSSID of Guest

AiMesh Node 2 (RT-AC86U)
xx:xx:xx:xx:A9:D8 -> 5.0GHz BSSID (*)
xx:xx:xx:xx:A9:D9 -> 2.4GHz BSSID
xx:xx:xx:xx:A9:DD -> 5.0GHz BSSID of Guest
Failed Scenario WITHOUT 5.0GHz Wifi Guest Enabled (NO internet access for 5.0GHz devices on AiMesh Node)
Code:
AiMesh Node 1 (RT-AC86U)
xx:xx:xx:xx:62:D1 -> 2.4GHz BSSID
xx:xx:xx:xx:62:D4 -> 5.0GHz BSSID (*)

AiMesh Node 2 (RT-AC86U)
xx:xx:xx:xx:A9:D9 -> 2.4GHz BSSID
xx:xx:xx:xx:A9:DC -> 5.0GHz BSSID (*)

Last edited:
Anyone have link to 386-RC1 version to gt-ax11000 and zenwifi xt8 i can try?still cant get internet access for 5.0GHz devices on AiMesh Nodes on this version 386 RC2

Anyone have link to 386-RC1 version to gt-ax11000 and zenwifi xt8 i can try?still cant get internet access for 5.0GHz devices on AiMesh Nodes on this version 386 RC2

AiMesh 2.0 public beta firmware:
RC2-1 (7/15/2020) can't add node; loses WiFI
RC2-2 (7/27/2020) no Internet on remote node

If you are looking for RC2-1, I doubt a link is still active for that.

OE

Last edited:
AiMesh 2.0 public beta f/w:
RC2-1: 9.0.0.4_386_38936 (7/15/2020) can't add node; loses WiFI
RC2-2: 9.0.0.4_386_39179 (7/27/2020) no Internet on remote node

If you are looking for RC2-1, I doubt a link is still active for that.

OE
Ok thats good,just gonna wait for next reales:)thanks for the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!