What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep the suggestions coming, now is our chance to voice our suggestions/opinions, on ASUS for AiMesh 2 development. We don't want to miss this chance given to us from ASUS, to aid/test/suggest/recommend in its development.

Last edited:
**Bug report**
Latest Beta Firmware 39485
OpenVPN server setup.

Tried setting up Openvpn server copying my existing certificates.

Copy and pasted certificate text including behining and end text.
Kept complaining about CA key.

Read about copy and paste with carriage return causing issues so tried deleting CR's.

Router and node got stuck in boot loops, reset pin didn't work so had to hold WPS button to boot and factory format both router and node.

I wish there was an upload openvpn server settings and certificates from other sources feature. I.e. CA.CRT domain.key domain.crt DH.pem

Neil62,
Yes, one vote :) ,

I would also like to add Wifi Control Channel and Bandwidth information. maybe something like what Merlin did (when mouse over Wifi icon on the top right corner of Main Page): eg. showing 2.4GHz (Ch 11 / 20MHz), for 5.0GHz (Ch 36 / 80MHz). Why? During the testing last few weeks on the older RCs, I discovered the 5.0GHz Bandwidth drop from 80MHz to 20MHz. I can only see it using WiFi Explorer on my Mac ... otherwise one would have no idea why 5GHz throughput suddenly reduced drastically.

Yes, that would be really nice to have. :)

Hey.
I have a main RT-AC68U router and 3 Lyra Mini nodes in my AiMesh network (MAC-AC1300 with the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_46249).
Could someone be able to answer the following questions:
1. If firmware 386 RC2 is installed on RT-AC68U, will 802.11k / v work in my network?
2. Does Lyra Mini itself support 802.11k / v? That is, if I disconnected RT-AC68U from the network and used only Lyra Mini (one main other nodes), would I get 802.11k / v on the network?
3. Are there any plans for 386 firmware to support Lyra Mini sometime?
thank

I think Lyras are not getting aimesh 2.0. Not sure about those features. I wonder if if aimesh 1.0 works together with 2.0? Otherwise you can trow them in a trashcan. Which is not great, because Lyras are not that old.

@ASUSWRT_2020
another bug i've just noticed: the "Reconnect" button in AiMesh doesn't work, I cannot kick the device and let it re-connect to the prefered node.

@ASUSWRT_2020
another bug i've just noticed: the "Reconnect" button in AiMesh doesn't work, I cannot kick the device and let it re-connect to the prefered node.
That function worked on my routers when I was running the current AiMesh 2.0 release.

Yay! I received a new 2020 Vietnam AC86U 32799 today. Uploaded RC2-4 and am now running my first 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh 2.0 RC2-4 (clean install).

Connection quality is Ok... that means 5.0 backhaul is 4 streams, -75 dBm and ~702 Mbps... similar to before and... ok. Looking forward to more meaningful connection quality stats besides Great (~1900 Mbps next to router) and Ok.

Also rockin' guest WLANs across all nodes.

Found a bug... the new AiMesh section can not add a node unless WPS is enabled. The error message is misleading and does not give a clue. The old AiMesh add node function would automatically enable WPS, so the user was not left wondering why they can not add a node.

Suggestion for new AiMesh section... since many users will only require a few routers in their AiMesh, I suggest adding the generic names Router and Node as these will be plenty adequate and will offer immediate identification... I know where my router is and I know where my node is... I just want to quickly know what I'm looking at in the webUI without having to translate Study = Router and Garage = Node.

OE

Last edited:
Yay! I received a new 2020 Vietnam AC86U 32799 today. Uploaded RC2-4 and am now running my first 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh 2.0 RC2-4 (clean install).

Connection quality is Ok... that means 5.0 backhaul is 4 streams, -75 dBm and ~702 Mbps... similar to before and... ok. Looking forward to more meaningful connection quality stats besides Great (~1900 Mbps next to router) and Ok.

Found a bug... the new AiMesh section can not add a node unless WPS is enabled. The error message is misleading and does not give a clue. The old AiMesh add node function would automatically enable WPS, so the user was not left wondering why they can not add a node.

Suggestion for new AiMesh section... since many users will only require a few routers in their AiMesh, I suggest adding the generic names Router and Node as these will be plenty adequate and will offer immediate identification... I know where my router is and I know where my node is... I just want to quickly know what I'm looking at in the webUI without having to translate Study = Router and Garage = Node.

OE
Welcome back good to see up and running on AiMesh 2

Just noticed the new speed test tab under the Adaptive QoS menu. Apologies if this has been posted before.

OE

congratulations, i hope you have better luck with the new router.

I know this was asked previously, but I never saw any reply to it.
Does anyone know why there is no 802.11r implementation and only 802.11 k/v?

OE

I would probably still be running AiMesh 2.0 RC2-4 on my 2-RT-AC86U if the guest network operated like Merlin 384.19 Can you check to see if there is a way to allow guest clients to communicate with each other? Is there an AP Isolation setting somewhere that can be toggled?

I would probably still be running AiMesh 2.0 RC2-4 on my 2-RT-AC86U if the guest network operated like Merlin 384.19 Can you check to see if there is a way to allow guest clients to communicate with each other? Is there an AP Isolation setting somewhere that can be toggled?

Try this. Go to guest. Click the hyperlink of the guest account.
20200823_124410.jpg

Sorry, too late. I've reverted to 82072.

I use WiFi Analyzer to 'see' my WLANs. I noticed the new node 5.0 WLAN disappearing, but not the guest 5.0 WLAN. I rebooted and had all four WLANs but then the 2.4 WLAN would disappear. Then 5.0 again. Then either 2.4 or 5.0 WLAN including guest. WiFi LEDs remained ON.

Checking the webUI, I found VLAN errors in the Log. I disabled the guest WLANs but that did not help. Then the node dropped offline... only the second time that has happened on my 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh... first time was a dead node.

I tried to submit Feedback and the router seemed to hang on the feedback submitting popup. After over 10 minutes, I rebooted the router but could not browse to it.

So, I reset the router and node and clean installed 82072. Everything seems ok now, so my new node appears ok. RC2-4 is not Ok here and needs more work, imo.

OE

It looks like my Merlin 384.19 AiMesh will continue to be my preferred setup. It is trouble free. Thanks for the update!

This would not provide what I need. I need the members of the guest network to be able to communicate with each other but not the rest of my intranet. I tried this setting and my guest members could communicate with the intranet but still could not communicate with each other. I suspect it is related to Asus use of VLANS for guest networks in this new firmware.

Try this. Go to guest. Click the hyperlink of the guest account.
View attachment 25686

I think Lyras are not getting aimesh 2.0. Not sure about those features. I wonder if if aimesh 1.0 works together with 2.0? Otherwise you can trow them in a trashcan. Which is not great, because Lyras are not that old.
@ASUSWRT_2020 since there havn't been any Lyra hardware firmware revisions since 2019, is it safe to conclude Lyra hardware is now out of support?

I too bought a Lyra triple pack last year and would be quite sad to not see them receive AIMesh 2.0 functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!