What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Sonos can be picky at times with wifi. Tried reconfiguring the wifi on the Sonos? The recent changes to the firmware's wifi may perhaps require a client reconfiguration.

Thanks I did try to do that on rc7. They all were able to connect on wifi, however, they all were not able to group together. I will try it again though and provide feedback. Thanks

My RT-AX86U running 9.0.0.4.386.40577 (rc2-7) system log is constantly filled with:

Oct 27 20:09:19 kernel: CONSOLE: 286319.920 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:09:59 kernel: CONSOLE: 286359.762 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:10:19 kernel: CONSOLE: 286379.679 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:10:59 kernel: CONSOLE: 286419.512 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:11:19 kernel: CONSOLE: 286439.430 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:11:59 kernel: CONSOLE: 286479.266 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Oct 27 20:12:19 kernel: CONSOLE: 286499.186 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: f0:ef:86:xx:xx:xx: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

The mac address is my Chromecast 3rd gen connected via 5ghz about 10m from the router.
The Chromecast itself appears to stream video fine.

Thanks I did try to do that on rc7. They all were able to connect on wifi, however, they all were not able to group together. I will try it again though and provide feedback. Thanks

Ok. So Sonos is back up and working right now. Took re-initiating and then restarting the speakers on wifi. I haven't tested it since it's pretty late and the family is sleeping. I see all of the speakers on the network and they can communicate with each other. Thanks @RMerlin @ASUSWRT_2020

So with RC6, even after a clean
I am also using PiHole as a DHCP server on RC6 and to date, I am not having the issue which you have detailed. I did though do a reset and manual rebuild of all, on the loading of RC6. Been up nearly a week now without any issues. A reset and rebuild of your devices would therefore be a good/advantageous exercise to go with.

So I tried a full reset, and that did not solve the issue. I then upgraded to RC7, same issue. I have moved DHCP back to the ASUS router to see if that resolves the issue.

Flashed to RC7 on my XT8 set up. Can't get the 5GHz-2 to stop broadcasting even when it states "Being used as a dedicated wireless backhaul for AiMesh". Anyone see that? Tried multiple resets of both the mesh node and router to factory defaults, but have same result.

Hello

I have 2 AC3100, 1 install in main router and the other one as a mesh

I'm running RC7 since it out without any problem but since this morning, i'm getting Internet connection Drop
and in the log i'm getting those error

dnsmasq[431]: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)

this is happening like every +/- 30mins

I have to turn off the router to fix it but 30 mins later back to square... Internet drop and this error is back

I'm also getting error like this

B4:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not mesh client, can't update it's ip (with different Mac adress)

Can someone help

Thanks

Can someone help

Something on your network is generating a lot of DNS requests. Check for torrent clients set to do DNS lookups, or a web server log analyzer that tries to resolves log entries.

Something on your network is generating a lot of DNS requests. Check for torrent clients set to do DNS lookups, or a web server log analyzer that tries to resolves log entries.
I only have 1 PC that use torrent Client and its off right now.... and no web server install

I dont know what could be the problem

I'm also getting error like this

B4:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX not mesh client, can't update it's ip (with different Mac adress)

An earlier Asus post above said these are harmless.

OE

So I like the firmware thus far on my GT-AX11000 and RT-AX92U, great work guys. Would it be possible to request an AiMesh timed/scheduled access function?

For example, I want a specific device to be on Node 1 from 10PM to 11AM and then on Node 2 from 11:01AM to 9:59PM. My house is just big and small enough that I can be sitting two feet in front of Node 2 (AX92U) with my phone and still be connected to Node 1, I basically want to force it between the two on a schedule (upstairs by Node 2 during the day in the office, on Node 1 at night/morning in the bedroom which is closer to Node 1).

Is there a way to increase the max dns to something higher than 150?

No. However, 150 concurrent. simultaneous queries is not typical usage. A typical LAN may perhaps have peaks of 10-20 queries at once at most, since queries are typically resolved within 1-3 seconds.

If it's not a local client flooding with requests, check that your configured DNS servers are working properly.

This in itself isn't something you should worry too much about, it's just a sign that something else might be going on. Typically they tend to resolve itself pretty quickly.

No. However, 150 concurrent. simultaneous queries is not typical usage. A typical LAN may perhaps have peaks of 10-20 queries at once at most, since queries are typically resolved within 1-3 seconds.

If it's not a local client flooding with requests, check that your configured DNS servers are working properly.

This in itself isn't something you should worry too much about, it's just a sign that something else might be going on. Typically they tend to resolve itself pretty quickly.
RMerlin is there an easy way ti check what client cloud be doing that? My DNS setting seems to work properly it must be something else

Thanks for your help

RC7 for ax55. I can't change official to RC7. Router make upgrade - show sukcess info but after log to ax55 a still have 3.0.0.4.384_9939-g8f517ee official firmware. I try many times.

RC-6 is most stable fw for my setup (AC86U+AC68U), now i test RC-7 and i hope that new build won't be worse.

only rc7 is for ax55.......
rc2-7 for clarify.

Update 2020/10/22 (9.0.0.4.386.40577)
This version includes 18 models:
ZenWiFi: XT8(RT-AX95Q), XD4(RT-AX56U_XD4)
GT series: GT-AX11000,GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!