What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to switch on "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" and that will release the 2nd 5GHz radio.
See the attachment. That's from a GT-AC5300.
I was able to add the second 5GHz radio to Smart Connect and this is the single most important addition 386 adds for me.
Try to find if that is an option on your Lyra.
And be aware this is causing big troubles for people using a dumb switch in between router and node - most likely because of lack of support for large MTU.

I'm not assuming the Lyra to get 386 and AiMesh 2.0, so I went ahead and ordered a 2-pack of AX92U.
i was under the impression that the "switch" issue was resolved in the most recent firmware: 1. Fixed Ethernet backhaul through switch issue
But I was planning o hook them up directly anyway :)

No, that may be the reason a few days ago. Today, it can't be (the reason).

No, I'm not that cynical. :cool:

Ok.. OE dragged me here, so after many pages of catching up, does/can this latest release apply to the RT-AX55?

I can confirm that AP mode guest can be connected to now, however there is no network isolation so it's not really a usable guest network.

@ASUSWRT_2020 just formally reporting, since I finally got around to installing/testing RC2-8, that Guest Network does indeed not provide any network isolation when the Parent node is in AP / AiMesh Mode, as per previous comments by @karma. It behaves as just another SSID with full connectivity to other devices on the LAN.

I'm running 4 X RT-AC68U units for my AiMesh, 1 X Parent and 3 Nodes all in AP mode - house connectivity/routing/firewall/QoS etc is done on a separate appliance completely separate from the (Asus) WiFi access points) .

Could you advise whether this is intended behaviour or indeed a bug?

Last edited:
Same issues as always on my RT-AX92U:

DNS queries to dns.msftncsi.com every 10 seconds regardless of any settings being changed. I have to edit nvram to stop this behavior. These are the instructions I follow to fix it.
Hitting "View List" for Clients on the home screen freezes the entire router for roughly 10 seconds. (I have 12 to 17 clients always connected across all 3 radios)
AiMesh -> Network. Still 0 Kbps for everything all the time.

Sending a feedback report every release through the router UI.

Ok.. OE dragged me here, so after many pages of catching up, does/can this latest release apply to the RT-AX55?

I didn't drag you here... I pointed out your options.

This post from above introduces the latest RC2-8 beta firmware. If you read it again and follow the included download link, you'll find RC2-8 beta firmware for the RT-AX55U:

OE

Still no RC8 for the RT -AC86U. I wonder what's going on?

That is the intended behavior for AP mode. Use AiMesh mode for more functionality.

Same issues as always on my RT-AX92U:

DNS queries to dns.msftncsi.com every 10 seconds regardless of any settings being changed. I have to edit nvram to stop this behavior. These are the instructions I follow to fix it.
Hitting "View List" for Clients on the home screen freezes the entire router for roughly 10 seconds. (I have 12 to 17 clients always connected across all 3 radios)
AiMesh -> Network. Still 0 Kbps for everything all the time.

Sending a feedback report every release through the router UI.
Where exactly do you see the DNS queries? Can't see any in my log files.
Also, View list for me from home screen works perfectly, 10-15 devices connected, some on 2.4, some on 5 and some on 5.2 wifi, and of all LAN ports in use and swithces behind them. I have 2 AX92u's, 1 main router directly to fiber and 1 connected trough eth backhaul.
My AiMesh ->Network also shows me the traffic I am using.
How did you upgrade yours? I went straight from RC6 to RC8, my only problems so far is that my LAN light on the modem is OFF, and I keep loosing WAN for about 10-30 seconds a few random times since upgrade. Had the same WAN issue on RC6, but LAN light was on then.

I didn't drag you here... I pointed out your options.

This post from above introduces the latest RC2-8 beta firmware. If you read it again and follow the included download link, you'll find RC2-8 beta firmware for the RT-AX55U:

OE
Hopefully you got the sarcastic humor in that :)

I say use what is known to work (and don't look a gift horse in the mouth). :)

Where exactly do you see the DNS queries? Can't see any in my log files.
Also, View list for me from home screen works perfectly, 10-15 devices connected, some on 2.4, some on 5 and some on 5.2 wifi, and of all LAN ports in use and swithces behind them. I have 2 AX92u's, 1 main router directly to fiber and 1 connected trough eth backhaul.
My AiMesh ->Network also shows me the traffic I am using.
How did you upgrade yours? I went straight from RC6 to RC8, my only problems so far is that my LAN light on the modem is OFF, and I keep loosing WAN for about 10-30 seconds a few random times since upgrade. Had the same WAN issue on RC6, but LAN light was on then.

I have a pihole that shows me the DNS queries.
The router firmware upgrade is through the UI. I've tried dirty upgrade, factory reset upgrade, even ASUS firmware recovery utility.

I have a pihole that shows me the DNS queries.
The router firmware upgrade is through the UI. I've tried dirty upgrade, factory reset upgrade, even ASUS firmware recovery utility.
Really weird.
Just setup pihole on my unraid server and checking logs, 10min and so far not a single query to dns.msftncsi.com. Weird how we can have such different problems with the same sw on same type of CPE.
Considering dropping back to stock or merlin sw as the WAN drops are killing my HardCore gaming characters hehe.

*Edit*
Forgot to route my CPE to my new pihole, just did the PC. Now routed the cpe to pihole and getting the queries to mstfncsi aswell :(
Other than that I dont have the others problem you specify. WAN still drops doh and LAN light is still of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!