What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BW field was added around the time of the RT-AX88U if I remember correctly.

I still think Asus should redesign this whole page IMHO. This is how it looks in my firmware, for example.

View attachment 26024
Thanks to Merlin.
Merlin's wireless log is easy to understand and we would refer to this format to modify the wireless log.
After internal discussion, current wireless log only shows the router's information and we will add the node's information in the wireless log to let everyone easily understand the wireless and mesh status.

Thanks to Merlin.
Merlin's wireless log is easy to understand and we would refer to this format to modify the wireless log.
After internal discussion, current wireless log only shows the router's information and we will add the node's information in the wireless log to let everyone easily understand the wireless and mesh status.
Hoping to get something soon to test...

Thanks to Merlin.

It would much appreciated if we can see these information in ASUS app as well

Hi All,
Any idea when the updated RC2 version will include support for the router RT-AX89X?
TIA,

Hi There,
Update 2020/09/11 386 rc2-5 (9.0.0.4_386_40018)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sqzva4uK7DTrp7oV93__LR6FZoDOckrN?usp=sharing

Change logs:
1. Add important patches for AiMesh backhaul and there are two FAQs for ethernet backhaul
What is Ethernet Backhaul Mode/connection priority in AiMesh system and how to set up in different scenarios?
[Wireless] How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions (Advanced setup with network switch)?

2. Clients which connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface
Most of the routers have three sets of guest network and each set has 2.4G and 5G-1 (triband model has 5G-2)
POWERPNT_25Vf0tf9oD.png

POWERPNT_ZlJp9OLYK4.png

3. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server.
The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

POWERPNT_vf3my7Tm5n.png

4. Fixed stack overflow, File Traversal, XSS vulnerabilities.

Support models:
GT-AX11000
GT-AC5300
GT-AC2900
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AC86U
RT-AC68U
RT-AC3100
ZenWiFi XT8(RT-AX95Q)

RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U had some errors and we are going to fix it. The firmware will upload to the same link after fixed the problem

Last edited:
Hi There,
Update 2020/09/11 386 rc2-5 (9.0.0.4_386_40018)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sqzva4uK7DTrp7oV93__LR6FZoDOckrN?usp=sharing

Support models:
GT-AX11000
GT-AC5300
GT-AC2900
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AC86U
RT-AC68U
RT-AC3100

RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U had some errors and we are going to fix it. The firmware will upload to the same link after fixed the problem

Hiya,

I see that the RT-AX95Q is on the google drive but not listed in your supported models list.

Could you please tell me if the guest network issue (not being able to get an IP address) in AP mode is fixed?

thanks

Hiya,

I see that the RT-AX95Q is on the google drive but not listed in your supported models list.

Could you please tell me if the guest network issue (not being able to get an IP address) in AP mode is fixed?

thanks

Actually, I am not sure. There are some ARP commit in this run and we will test AP mode in next run.

Actually, I am not sure. There are some ARP commit in this run and we will test AP mode in next run.

ok, thanks for the feedback. I might try it over the weekend and hopefully I'll be lucky! :)

Please remove this limitations and tell me what are this limitations

The 87U uses a (buggy) Quantenna SoC whereas the majority of Asus's lineup use Broadcom chips. Most vendors dropped support for this SoC a long time ago.

The 87U uses a (buggy) Quantenna SoC whereas the majority of Asus's lineup use Broadcom chips. Most vendors dropped support for this SoC a long time ago.

And if the chip manufacturer doesn't update their SDK to keep up with needed changes (perhaps because of chip design) the router manufacturer has no choice but to offer maintenance only support at best.

Unfortunately you're right.
And that's a plague some phone manufacturers are also affected.
When chipset manufacturers are pulling the plug, that's it! Most times it's the end of the road for products based on that chipset.

Has there been any progress about the node dropping from 5ghz to 2.4ghz wireless backhaul when it comes to XT8? I've sent feedback about this several times through router...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!