What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flashed over latest Stock Firmware on the ax88u and the 6 ac68u nodes everything working flawless only the „disconnected“ internet Problem is still There.(it only shows disconnected, everything works) with the stock firmware it was the same.

Attachments

• 84DB47F9-7DCC-4D51-A452-D9E8E5334874.jpeg
    84DB47F9-7DCC-4D51-A452-D9E8E5334874.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 463BF5C0-D5BE-4DF3-8FAB-3007BCAD0EF1.jpeg
    463BF5C0-D5BE-4DF3-8FAB-3007BCAD0EF1.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hi ALL!
i've updated my RT-AC88U router to lastest beta, work fine, but my other RT-AC88U in AiMesh node won't work, tried to reset and reconfig in AiMesh node from the router but when it reboot i can't see in the aimesh node list. With the official release firmware work good....
Sorry for my english!
Immagine 2020-10-08 130442.jpg

Hi ALL!
i've updated my RT-AC88U router to lastest beta, work fine, but my other RT-AC88U in AiMesh node won't work, tried to reset and reconfig in AiMesh node from the router but when it reboot i can't see in the aimesh node list. With the official release firmware work good....
Sorry for my english!
View attachment 26745
Try doing a factory reset on the the node RT and then try to add it back in.

If that doesn't work factory reset both units and totally reconfigure.

Agree my 2 RT-AC88U (Master + Node) are working fine after dirty upgrades.

Hi Guys and Gals @ Asus,
Great work on 386 rc2-6. It's awesome to be able to extend the guest network to the nodes now.
There's just one thing I'd like to report: my son found out he could circumvent the parental controls by connecting to the guest network. Since then, I mac filtered his devices from connecting to guest, but I'd appreciate if the parental controls could apply also to that as his friends connect to the guest network when visiting or sleeping over. So, not a worry right now as there are no sleepovers currently due to the pandemic, but hopefully in the near future.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Nothing, I tried everything.... I can’t update my RT-AC88U node to the beta, is connected to the router by ethernet but there is a gigabit switch between...
When I update the node and reset him, I see in “add AiMesh node” the procedure finish well without errors, but I never see in AiMesh list and clients can’t connect to the node....

@ASUSWRT_2020

It's my OCD again. Yes its cosmetic.

Under the "Management" tab for nodes in the the new AiMesh2 menu, can you please capitalize the 'b" in backhaul, so it shows "Preferable Backhaul".

It will match the case type being used, as per all other options displayed.

Thanks

1602195042312.png

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020

As a suggestion, would it be possible (in addition), to display the RSSI signal connection strength and connection time of the nodes as a numeric value via maybe a mouse pointer hover over the current signal strength bar, to display node connection RSSI and connection time to the main router.

This could be achieved on the screen below, which is displayed from the network tab for a node. Include/display the node current RSSI numeric value connection strength and connection time.

1602196235739.png

Similar to the functionality when using the mouse pointer hover from the current client details window, over the connection signal strength display graph.. Displaying the current node RSSI connection strength and connection time to the main router, would be a good addition/functionality to/for the above screen.

1602197792130.png

Last edited:
... the functionality when using the mouse pointer hover from the current client details over the connection strength display graph. Displaying the current node RSSI connection strength and connection time to the main router ....

View attachment 26757
Neil62,
Thanks, you have sharp eyes for details:) ... I recalled requesting for such information in the earlier releases, but, did not realised that it is there with mouse hover over. Excellent. :)

Neil62,
Thanks, you have sharp eyes for details:) ... I recalled requesting for such information in the earlier releases, but, did not realised that it is there with mouse hover over. Excellent. :)
The same mouse pointer hover, also works from the client status list. Not quite sure if its new though, can't remember via the 384 base firmware.

Thanks, I only wish my eyes were so focused, especially at my age. :)

I was just asking @ASUSWRT_2020, for the same type of functionality (i.e. mouse pointer hover), to be made available on the uplink information/type section of the new AiMesh menu network tab for nodes (graph signal strength), showing RSSI connection strength and connection time (numerics) to the main router, would be a nice touch. Right now, this information is only available from the wireless log. Why leave one menu (new AiMesh2), to go to another menu (old Wireless Log), in search of this information. Doesn't make sense to me.

But hey, if you don't at least ask, you will never know right.. Especially at this stage of the new AiMesh2 development.

Last edited:
But hey, if you don't at least ask, you will never know right.. Especially at this stage of the new AiMesh2 development.
Neil62,
Following your lead, I would also like to Request that ASUSWRT_2020, also considers to provide the "Bandwidth" info for the device on top of Radio (Signal Strength), TX & RX rate, Access Time in the mouse over popup mentioned here.
Justification: During earlier releases when we in some occasions have the 5GHz bandwidth drop from 80GHz to 20GHz, and we have no clue, unless we use some Network Analyzer tools like WiFi Explorer for my case. Thanks for considering :)

Neil62,
Following your lead, I would also like to Request that ASUSWRT_2020, also considers to provide the "Bandwidth" info for the device on top of Radio (Signal Strength), TX & RX rate, Access Time in the mouse over popup mentioned here.
Justification: During earlier releases when we in some occasions have the 5GHz bandwidth drop from 80GHz to 20GHz, and we have no clue, unless we use some Network Analyzer tools like WiFi Explorer for my case. Thanks for considering :)
Good suggestion for those people that utilize an "auto" selection for "Bandwidth".
@ASUSWRT_2020, what are your thoughts on our suggestions here? Post numbers #990, 992 and 993.

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020

It's my OCD again.

Under the "Management" tab for nodes in the the new AiMesh2 menu, can you please capitalize the 'b" in backhaul, so it shows "Preferable Backhaul".

It will match the case type being used, as per all other options displayed.

Thanks

View attachment 26755
I would also like to suggest that Asus considers to rename "AiMesh" to "AiMesh 2.0" on the Side Bar.
Justification:
  • AiMesh 2.0 is quite different from original AiMesh.
  • To be consistent as Asus has already named AiCloud 2.0 on the same side bar:)
Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 14.58.37.png

I would also like to suggest that Asus considers to rename "AiMesh" to "AiMesh 2.0" on the Side Bar.
Justification:
  • AiMesh 2.0 is quite different from original AiMesh.
  • To be consistent as Asus has already named AiCloud 2.0 on the same side bar:)
View attachment 26760
Would require renaming of the menu description on version changes. It does though show a distinction between AiMesh versions by firmware releases.

I don't have any experience doing this. Sorry.

The RT-AC86U works for me.

OE

I upgraded to rc2-6 on my 2xRT-AC67U some days ago, seems to work now.
looks like the problem was the ethernet backhaul. i guess a bug or something.
Now the WLAN / Mesh seems to be stable , atleast stable enough for sonsos speaker all day long :)

I use stil the ethernet backhaul. connected over switch.

i guess i stay for a while with this firmware.

i remove all features , like vpn, dhcp to my synology. that makes easy to replace the router or reset firmware in the future.

i only use MESH WLAN 2.4 & 5 ghz with ethernet backhaul and 1x 5ghz guest WLAN.
most of the settings like your tipps, some posts ago, rest default or disabled.

its sadly not that much, but im afraid to use some of the fancy features with this beta firmware ;-)

thank you guys for tipps and support, and bring mesh 2.0 to asus. good work.

Grr im having some ugliness with my DSL and not sure if its the router or the connection which only coincidently started around the time of the last beta update...
And the modem isnt being helpful ..... partially because its in bridge mode...

-J

@ASUSWRT_2020,

I have another thought/suggestion on the second screen below (ie., client details window), for the mouse pointer hover pop up window, display unit type as part of the Tx/Rx rates, i.e. Mbps. Which would then tie into the old client listing display (see first screen dump below), column titles, i.e. be consistent/align with.

1602315982036.png

So, as per the screen below, for the of the display of the mouse pointer hover pop up window, I am suggesting the display for both Tx and Rx rate as, Tx Rate (Mbps): 104 and Rx Rate (Mbps): 24. Just include/add, the additional wording of (Mbps), against the Tx/Rx rates, for the mouse pointer hover display window pop up window.

As per the current mouse pointer hover pop up display window below, it only shows/displays Tx/Rx as, 104 and 24, are what, in terms of a unit for both Tx/Rx rates, could be anything in terms of Tx/Rx rates. I hope you see my point and that you take this suggestion under consideration.

1602312825734.png

Last edited:
Why the backhaul and fronthaul TX and Rx rate is always shown as zero or some very low values in Network tab of AiMesh page? They never showed the real time values. I have 2 AC86U connected in mesh.

Load Balance between Cable and USB modem does not work as expected. 48mbps cable and 30mbps USB modem but resultant speed test is only 56mbps on a wired PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!