What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with an RT-AX88U, can you run the following command over SSH:

Code:
dmesg

And tell me if you see a bunch of either of these error messages?

Code:
net_ratelimit: 221 callbacks suppressed

or

Code:
protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7

For me the issue only happens when my tablet is connected and is transferring any data. I have to disable hardware acceleration on the router to resolve it:

Code:
fc disable

Doesn't happen when my laptop is doing data transfers, only with the tablet, which is even weirder.

@RMerlin - I have one, but it's node.
And I don't currently see "protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7".
I used to see it a lot on GT-AC5300, in beta release 6. In 7, for some random reasons, it doesn't appear anymore, for 3 days now.

Code:
dmesg

And tell me if you see a bunch of either of these error messages?

Code:
net_ratelimit: 221 callbacks suppressed

or

Code:
protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7

For me the issue only happens when my tablet is connected and is transferring any data. I have to disable hardware acceleration on the router to resolve it:

Code:
fc disable

Doesn't happen when my laptop is doing data transfers, only with the tablet, which is even weirder.

I get a bunch of BLOCKED -OUTBOUND messages on mine probably due to Skynet (?).

Code:
dmesg
I'm seeing things like:

Code:
net_ratelimit: 10186 callbacks suppressed

and

Code:
protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth1, protocol 86dd is buggy, dev eth1

I get a bunch of BLOCKED -OUTBOUND messages on mine probably due to Skynet (?).

This is about Asus's beta firmware, I doubt you are running Skynet on it...

This is about Asus's beta firmware, I doubt you are running Skynet on it...

Sorry, you are right. Should have paid more attention to the thread title.

@ASUSWRT_2020
Asus should add an option to know WAN uptime, almost other routers have this option except Asus routers.
I’m using an internet connection with dynamic IP address so I want to view WAN uptime. If my IP is changed, I will see current WAN uptime and compare with the log to see the reason when WAN connection was down.
I’m using AX56U.
Thank you!

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020
Asus should add a option to know WAN uptime, almost other routers have this option except Asus routers.
I’m using an internet connection with dynamic IP address so I want to view WAN uptime. If my IP is changed, I will see current WAN uptime and compare with the log to see the reason when WAN connection was down.
I’m using AX56U.
Thank you!
That's right, this feature should be available in AsusWRT. Hope @ASUSWRT_2020 can consider this request.

Hi folks I just flashed the newest version: 9.0.0.4.386.40577 for both my AC88U and AC3100. Setting them up in AiMesh 2.0. I'm seeing the message: Your AiMesh node cannot connect to your uplink AiMesh device.

What does this message even mean?
My understanding is that this means the mesh node(AC3100) cannot connect to the mesh router(AC88U which is the uplink device). Then I shouldn't have internet access at all from the mesh node. but actually all the devices(wired or wireless) that are connected to the node have internet access. So I'm very confused on what this does.

Is this a display bug? Or if it does affects my daily usage how should I resolve it. I don't have another wire path from the router to the node.

My current setup: fiber ont ----ethernet cable---> wan port of AC88U(mesh router) ---ethernet cable---> switch ---ethernet cable---> wan port of AC3100(mesh node) ---ethernet cable(from a lan port of ac3100) ---> another switch ---ethernet cable----> desktop / nas

1604197420691.png

Current setting: (I have set it as ethernet only backhaul mode)
1604197769165.png

@ASUSWRT_2020

Last edited:
I have an AX58U and an AX86U in AIMesh. I have an Ethernet backhaul and while it works, it shows differently in the GUI of the router.
Is there a setting or two I have missed? Or, just a beta bug? I have file feedback for this, but I'm curious.

View attachment 27299
I have the same issue, I'm not sure about difference b/w "uplink" vs "backhual". can they share the same Ethernet cable?

Hi folks I just flashed the newest version: 9.0.0.4.386.40577 for both my AC88U and AC3100. Setting them up in AiMesh 2.0. I'm seeing the message: Your AiMesh node cannot connect to your uplink AiMesh device.
I also have an AC88U in my AImesh system, with a similar setup to yours, ethernet backhaul but with a wired switch between the main router and the node. What is different in my case is the 88U is the node, not the main router. I've yet to get it working with the beta firmware. I think there's a bug in the beta that's unique to that model, but so far I don't think anybody believes me ;) For the record, in my case where the 88U is the node, I have the opposite symptoms, which makes your post quite curious to me. In my case after completing the wizard to add the 88U as the node, the wizard says the node was added, but the router appears to be completely frozen. Even the LAN ports are dead and only a factory reset appears to save it.

Last edited:

What does this message even mean?
My understanding is that this means the mesh node(AC3100) cannot connect to the mesh router(AC88U which is the uplink device). Then I shouldn't have internet access at all from the mesh node. but actually all the devices(wired or wireless) that are connected to the node have internet access. So I'm very confused on what this does.

Is this a display bug? Or if it does affects my daily usage how should I resolve it. I don't have another wire path from the router to the node.

My current setup: fiber ont ----ethernet cable---> wan port of AC88U(mesh router) ---ethernet cable---> switch ---ethernet cable---> wan port of AC3100(mesh node) ---ethernet cable(from a lan port of ac3100) ---> another switch ---ethernet cable----> desktop / nas

View attachment 27329

Current setting: (I have set it as ethernet only backhaul mode)
View attachment 27330

@ASUSWRT_2020
Aimesh can't found each other through certain type of switch. If direct connect between them, it will show up.

I'll note that if I enable Ethernet Backhaul Mode in System Settings from the AIMesh router, no clients ever connect to the node.
If I disable that setting and go to the node Management-> Connection Priority and set it to 1G WAN first clients are connected immediately.

I sent Feedback on this.

Aimesh can't found each other through certain type of switch. If direct connect between them, it will show up.

What kind of switch?
I currently have run through unmanaged switches to both a powerline adapter and to a MOCA adapter. Both work fine.
No VLANS or managed switching involved though.

What kind of switch?
I currently have run through unmanaged switches to both a powerline adapter and to a MOCA adapter. Both work fine.
No VLANS or managed switching involved though.
I don't know but since I read through this thread, much members here have issue if put switch between router and node. Hope they can give suggestion to overcome this issue.

I use Ubiquiti Unifi managed switches and have no problems with my AX110000 main and two XT8 nodes unless I set the dedicated "ethernet backhaul mode" option. Then things go bad with nodes disconnecting etc. As long as I just use the option of "1G WAN First" for the nodes everything works fine. I previously had a mixture of TP-Link managed and unmanaged switches and these were more troublesome.
As a side note I do have VLANs configured. I have the AX11000 connected to a 16 port switch, node one connected to an 8 port switch which uplinks to the 16 port and the second node connected to another 8 port switch which again uplinks to the 16 port.

I also have an AC88U in my AImesh system, with a similar setup to yours, ethernet backhaul but with a wired switch between the main router and the node. What is different in my case is the 88U is the node, not the main router. I've yet to get it working with the beta firmware. I think there's a bug in the beta that's unique to that model, but so far I don't think anybody believes me ;) For the record, in my case where the 88U is the node, I have the opposite symptoms, which makes your post quite curious to me. In my case after completing the wizard to add the 88U as the node, the wizard says the node was added, but the router appears to be completely frozen. Even the LAN ports are dead and only a factory reset appears to save it.

For me everything works (at least so far). Got internet for devices connected to both the main router and the node. It's just the warning message of "can't connect to the uplink device" made me nuts. I mean if I it can't connect to the uplink router, then it should not work at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!