What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running RC2-7 here on a 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh 2.0 without any known issues.

However, I noticed something about the log...

I wanted to select and copy some lines from the log but the webUI makes this difficult. So, I saved the log to a text file... and discovered many more log entries than were being displayed. The saved log has a bunch of these entries that are not displayed in the webUI:

Code:
Nov 15 13:38:46 kernel: net_ratelimit: 4 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:39:12 kernel: net_ratelimit: 122 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:41:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 114 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:43:19 kernel: net_ratelimit: 12 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:43:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:45:00 kernel: net_ratelimit: 9 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:45:11 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:45:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 84 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:47:15 kernel: net_ratelimit: 97 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:48:47 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:49:14 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:49:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 53 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:51:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 139 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:53:24 kernel: net_ratelimit: 70 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:53:46 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:54:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 53 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:54:40 kernel: net_ratelimit: 8 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:55:25 kernel: net_ratelimit: 90 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:57:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 101 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:58:50 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:59:01 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Nov 15 13:59:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 116 callbacks suppressed

I've never noticed these type of entries before. They appear to be in sufficient volume to cause the log to truncate... the log spans yesterday and today.

OE

It seems to be applying GMT +9? or DST is just broken for Canberra/Melb/Syd.
The Hobart setting applies +11 with DST enabled and its a +10 timezone.

@Squall Leonhart

Yep, good catch - just tried mine on Hobart!

I guess my Access Points running the Beta will be living in Tasmania until @ASUSWRT_2020 notices this one and gets it fixed? :)

(Not a bad option - lovely safe part of the world and my friends there tell me there is plenty of cheap Lobster around since the Chinese no longer want it ...

From memory Hobart only has a separate Timezone entry because back in the depths of time they used to start DST (and end?) earlier than Canberra/Melbourne/Sydney, but then later the mainland aligned themselves with Tassie dates but my memory may be faulty ... coincidentally I have a very old Gigaset phone system in use at my Mum’s place whose Timezone likewise also has to be set on Hobart as the only way to give “correct” DST time changes for Sydney, firmware updates for that model having long been abandoned.)

Upgraded last night. Ac68 and ax86. No problems to report backhall every thing is working nothing to report

Thanks Maverick for your thoughts! Just a dirty upgrade, after this a PowerOn+WPS Reset and Restore of my Settings. So need a little more patience.

Did you just do an in place upgrade of the firmware or clean install? If it was just an upgrade over the previous firmware and settings kept, I would try a using the firmware restoration to do a clean install of the beta firmware as that should work and correct any lingering problems that may of carried over from the previous firmware.

Dirty upgrade of a AX92 with an AC88 node about 5 hours ago.
Nothing negative to report so far.
What's your backhaul between main and node? Ethernet or Wireless? I know of people who have made this setup work with Wi-Fi backhaul, but if you' have it working with Ethernet, you'll be the first to my knowledge. Also, if Ethernet, is it a direct connection or is there a switch between the two routers?

I set up my GTAC5300 to ax55, and selected the ethernet as the backhaul, as it defaulted to wireless. Under aimesh-System settings, it has the ethernet backhaul toggle on. Had to answer a question or two. Only 1 unmanaged switch, after the node. Can this be tested?

What's your backhaul between main and node? Ethernet or Wireless? I know of people who have made this setup work with Wi-Fi backhaul, but if you' have it working with Ethernet, you'll be the first to my knowledge. Also, if Ethernet, is it a direct connection or is there a switch between the two routers?
Wireless backhaul. So no help with the Ethernet topic.

As I posted before, after getting set up, I noticed something that may help someone later. Let me know if I should move this post.
After adding the RX55 as a node to my AC5300, I was experimenting with the binding wireless things to the node, mostly based on distance. I could not bind a Roku box. I tried, and it then warned me that if I continued, it would lose internet. Well, I continued, and it lost it. And, it would not be discovered on either router after that. Resetting the Roku did no good. So, looking around to fix things back, I thought of and looked at the master router, the AC5300. I earlier last year assigned it an IP. So, now the AX55 as a node couldn't see it, after i tried binding it (it was seen and worked before the binding attempt)
The fix was unassigning the IP to the Roku from the AC5300, and it almost immediately appeared and started working again.
Then exact same thing happened with on of my security cameras, which I tried binding that after the roku failed, to see if I could figure out why.
So the answer was, unassign IPs from a router after hooking up a node before you try binding it.

A question, though: Can I now go in and assign IPs to things without affecting the Aimesh node connection? I may try that later. Thanks.

As I posted before, after getting set up, I noticed something that may help someone later. Let me know if I should move this post.
After adding the RX55 as a node to my AC5300, I was experimenting with the binding wireless things to the node, mostly based on distance. I could not bind a Roku box. I tried, and it then warned me that if I continued, it would lose internet. Well, I continued, and it lost it. And, it would not be discovered on either router after that. Resetting the Roku did no good. So, looking around to fix things back, I thought of and looked at the master router, the AC5300. I earlier last year assigned it an IP. So, now the AX55 as a node couldn't see it, after i tried binding it (it was seen and worked before the binding attempt)
The fix was unassigning the IP to the Roku from the AC5300, and it almost immediately appeared and started working again.
Then exact same thing happened with on of my security cameras, which I tried binding that after the roku failed, to see if I could figure out why.
So the answer was, unassign IPs from a router after hooking up a node before you try binding it.

A question, though: Can I now go in and assign IPs to things without affecting the Aimesh node connection? I may try that later. Thanks.

Let us know! :D

OE

Ok guys, this beta RC2-B8 has been Rock Solid for me on all the 3 RT-AX88Us. Two at home in Mesh and one standalone at my office. I am getting solid 23 hr PPPOe sessions from my ISP where previously, Routers would drop connections every 2-3 hrs. On this firmware RC2-B8, it hasn't disconnected even once in last 4 days and even port forwarding is flawless. I hope @ASUSWRT_2020 is looking at this feedback and passing it on to their team that whatever changes made are golden and not revert to any of previous betas henceforth.

Since B8, AiMesh 2.0 is working great in my house. I use only 160 Mhz width and Channel 40 for 5 Ghz network. Under Professional tab, I changed Roaming assistant -> Disconnect clients with RSSI lower than -65.This has worked wonders for me. Tweak it only if you need it.

I leave 2.4 Ghz settings untouched as I don't have "2.4 Ghz only" devices anymore.

I spent the weekend rebuilding my network, formatted and set up everything fresh with R8 build. Seems to be running well thanks to Asus fixing the backhaul via a switch problem but now I am getting the red light even though internet is working fine, any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 121
I spent the weekend rebuilding my network, formatted and set up everything fresh with R8 build. Seems to be running well thanks to Asus fixing the backhaul via a switch problem but now I am getting the red light even though internet is working fine, any ideas?

Collect more information about your WAN connection.

OE

Collect more information about your WAN connection.

OE

Everything is as default I am with Comcast so no spacial info to put in, It was not red on R8 dirty upgrade just on a new clean install.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.27.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 11.27.49 AM.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 108
Everything is as default I am with Comcast so no spacial info to put in, It was not red on R8 dirty upgrade just on a new clean install.

When the LED is red, what does the router report about the WAN connection status. Are there any related entries in the General Log?

OE

When the LED is red, what does the router report about the WAN connection status. Are there any related entries in the General Log?

OE

I pulling the cable out and put it back in all that shows up in log is this;

Nov 16 12:17:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(510): wl2.4: Auth 16:48:76:C5:B3:12, status: Successful (0)
Nov 16 12:17:27 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(539): wl2.4: Assoc 16:48:76:C5:B3:12, status: Successful (0)
Nov 16 12:18:44 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) (phyId: c) Link DOWN.
Nov 16 12:18:47 kernel: NOTE: Using Port Grouping for IMP ports : [ 0 --> 4 ] [ 1, 2 --> 5 ] [ 3, 7 --> 8 ]
Nov 16 12:18:47 kernel: eth5 (Ext switch port: 7) (Logical Port: 15) (phyId: 1e) Link DOWN.
Nov 16 12:18:50 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) (phyId: c) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex
Nov 16 12:18:52 kernel: NOTE: Using Port Grouping for IMP ports : [ 0 --> 4 ] [ 1, 2, 3 --> 5 ] [ 7 --> 8 ]
Nov 16 12:18:52 kernel: eth5 (Ext switch port: 7) (Logical Port: 15) (phyId: 1e) Link UP at 2500 mbps full duplex

ASUS,

Can you pls add the ability to update region setting for mesh node (for models that support region setting vhange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!