What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, thats not acurate as like i said alot of firmwares are available now for AX88 with new features..... and the GT gets none of them....

is this latest Beta ok to use on the GT11000 ? did not see major issues reported but could have missed it

cheers

• LED of LAN doesn’t work here
  • Speedtest sometimes gives lower values than via WiFi on the same speedtest server

Thanks for the reply, thats not acurate as like i said alot of firmwares are available now for AX88 with new features..... and the GT gets none of them....

is this latest Beta ok to use on the GT11000 ? did not see major issues reported but could have missed it

cheers

I believe I accurately answered your question. I agree that answer does not tell you what you want to know, but only Asus knows that and they are not likely to tell you anything about their product development.

The beta firmware is ok to use, but it most likely has issues, hence the beta test.

OE

Reactions: MDK
I agree with you @MDK

We pay top dollar for these GT models, to be more precise half a grand almost for the GT-AX11000! which supports a new up and coming wifi standard which requires a lot more updates, yet we are sat on the slow lane! It makes no sense to me at all. An AX wifi standard product should not be held back. I can tell you the hardware in the GT-AX11000 isn’t even half the cost of the products retail price, I know I paid for support! Not feeling it right now when older cheaper, out dated wifi standards are getting new features before the GT-AX11000, happy to see others feel the same way

cheers

You don't buy for what something seems to be or you hope it becomes.

You buy for what it is, now. :)

I'm sure patience will pay off here in the long term. Really nothing else you can do to force Asus' hand in any case.

You don't buy for what something seems to be or you hope it becomes.

You buy for what it is, now. :)

I'm sure patience will pay off here in the long term. Really nothing else you can do to force Asus' hand in any case.
You nailed it right there, weve all purchased products "because" this will happen. Hell I remember buying property and building a house because AT&T told me internet would be there within 6months... 5 years later comcast finally showed up. You cannot rely on what a business says, markets change, strategies change,etc.

Then you don’t understand product cycle

I’m sure I don’t have to explain why you wouldn’t use a 1st gen iPhone now, one by one products lose support at least in the real world “newer products get more attention” because they are newer! the older a product is the less likely the hardware is going to support the latest release of firmware. “Because of higher demands on hardware” which is why in the mobile market the newer phones get the updates 1st and the older ones get the latest release later! Because they are older! Makes sense right? well it does as long as you’re not talking about asus products in the network space.

Im glad to see older products are being supported but when I see numbers like this 3DF32996-9C3E-4B39-A5B1-600F222D64D3.jpeg

a older product with a newer public firmware release than my newer product with a older firmware release well it makes my blood boil especially when I think about how much I paid for that newer product and the fact I can’t use any of the newer features yet and take advantage of them because I have a newer router! This roll out makes no sense! anyone arguing otherwise is an idiot

This is going to make asus’s top end networking line look pointless. why would a customer pay more money for older firmware and less features when they can pay less and get more features with newer firmware... just makes the whole product line a joke and us asus fan boys idiots for throwing money at a more expensive product for less of a service.

This is bad even for people with older devices because if asus can’t make good margins on the newer equipment and sell enough of it. then the older line and less expensive products will suffer. They won’t be able to afford keeping everything up to date. this Business move makes no sense.

Last edited:
This is going to make asus’s top end networking line look pointless. why would a customer pay more money for older firmware and less features when they can pay less and get more features with newer firmware... just makes the whole product line a joke and us asus fan boys idiots for throwing money at a more expensive product for less of a service.

Right. Stick with mainstream product that gets the job done for a fair price and enjoys volume support.

This is bad even for people with older devices because if asus can’t make good margins on the newer equipment and sell enough of it. then the older line and less expensive products will suffer. They won’t be able to afford keeping everything up to date. this Business move makes no sense.

Not right. Asus doesn't make all their money on niche, premium, low volume product to subsidize less expensive product development and support. It's the other way around.

OE

Tri-band is more complicated to debug, which might be why these models don`t get as frequent updates as the others. These also have more features that require testing and debugging.

Expecting more because something is more expensive is the wrong attitude.

Pay for what you get, now. Otherwise, return it.

Or, just pay and rant like a child.

Asus got their money from you already.

They didn't trick you into anything. You did that yourself.

@OzarkEdge What I’ve brought isn’t niche, premium, low volume product, the price will come down on this product one day just like it has on everything else asus sells. it’s a mainstream product in the gaming space, which is a big part of the market.

@L&LD you a parrot? Talking about wrong attitudes, Just cause you can’t afford a product doesn’t make it worthless.

you both seem to focus on one product in asus line and everyone else’s devices don’t matter. Asus do more than just the RT line

[
Expecting more because something is more expensive is the wrong attitude.

Pay for what you get, now. Otherwise, return it.

Or, just pay and rant like a child.

Asus got their money from you already.

They didn't trick you into anything. You did that yourself.
QUOTE="OzarkEdge, post: 642489, member: 57324"]
Right. Stick with mainstream product that gets the job done for a fair price and enjoys volume support.

Not right. Asus doesn't make all their money on niche, premium, low volume product to subsidize less expensive product development and support. It's the other way around.

OE
[/QUOTE]

This discussion around price vs expectations is getting old.
Whomever wants to try this beta can do it. For users looking for a better AiMesh it's delivering! Whomever is not willing have no other option than to wait patiently. 386 will be moved to official release sooner than later for all models.
For what it matters my GT-AC5300 started to shine only with this beta release! 3 years after I bought it! For most of its life it required a weekly reboot. Now it just keeps running! I knew upfront I'm paying a premium for gaming features I don't need, for a new product that will not never make it to top of sales list, nor get the fastest updates because of that, but I needed a 3 band and 8 LAN ports. For a while I didn't believe it will never become super stable, but a scheduled weekly reload is not something intrusive and after a while one can forget that part and simply use the device like nothing is broken with it ;)

Back to this topic:

Should we anticipate more beta builds now that main models RT-AX88U and RT-AX86U have got a stable release on Asus firmware site?

Back to this topic:

Should we anticipate more beta builds now that main models RT-AX88U and RT-AX86U have got a stable release on Asus firmware site?
On the basis that the current beta still has issues I would expect more builds before a stable release emerges.

RT-AX88U on beta still has issue when renewed the ip from my internet provider. Only thing that fixes it, is a restart of the rt-ax88u.
Have any else seen this? I have sent logs(again) to Asus. But from what I could see, there was really nothing in them. Unplug,/plug wan cable, or restart my fiber to ethernet converter etc. does not help.

edit: I have not tested yet the official version.

The new GT-AXE11000 will be another dead in the water product also, i have AC68 the AC87U, AC5300 and the GT AX 11000 the has bad support in doing fixes etc, its a premium product period - Asus does not support it properly.

cheers

The new GT-AXE11000 will be another dead in the water product also, i have AC68 the AC87U, AC5300 and the GT AX 11000 the has bad support in doing fixes etc, its a premium product period - Asus does not support it properly.

cheers
Helpful.

The new unified development platform has demonstrated that Asus are no longer paralysed by the complexity of supporting a wide range of hardware.

This run of beta releases has proven that Asus are getting a lot better.

From the list of kit you have named you've stuck with Asus a long time and not jumped ship. Probably because the main alternatives are inferior and their support even worse.

Maybe try something constructive and contribute feedback to speed up the beta process.

cheers
It depends on the chipset. If it has Qualcomm chipset, expect the GT-AXE11000 to become another RT-AX89X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!