What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helpful.

The new unified development platform has demonstrated that Asus are no longer paralysed by the complexity of supporting a wide range of hardware.

This run of beta releases has proven that Asus are getting a lot better.

From the list of kit you have named you've stuck with Asus a long time and not jumped ship. Probably because the main alternatives are inferior and their support even worse.

Maybe try something constructive and contribute feedback to speed up the beta process.

Hello my friend, hope you are doing well.

I named asus devices i have, maybe instead of backing a million dollar company you should do also do something constructive, it's not OK to say a product is good when it's not so good.....

If everybody things like you for example AMD ryzen would be dead, and i'm a intel guy but just because a brand i like does something thats not so good it's not OK....

think about that for a moment...

merry christmas

RT-AX88U on beta still has issue when renewed the ip from my internet provider. Only thing that fixes it, is a restart of the rt-ax88u.
Have any else seen this? I have sent logs(again) to Asus. But from what I could see, there was really nothing in them. Unplug,/plug wan cable, or restart my fiber to ethernet converter etc. does not help.

edit: I have not tested yet the official version.

If you have Adaptive QoS enabled, could you try disabling it to see if that fixes it? There's a known issue involving Adaptive QoS and DHCP renewals with some providers, just checking if yours is one of them.

I would like to wish the development team a Merry Christmas and hope that they continue their sterling work* in 2021.

*If they could fix the 2.4 WiFi which at the moment is utterly hosed and useable on my kit I will appreciate them even more.

They may be able to 'fix' it if you detailed what your 'kit' is.

They may be able to 'fix' it if you detailed what your 'kit' is.

Yes, it is necessary to rule out a one-off hardware issue.

OE

If you have Adaptive QoS enabled, could you try disabling it to see if that fixes it? There's a known issue involving Adaptive QoS and DHCP renewals with some providers, just checking if yours is one of them.
I have nothing on, no extra stuff. :/

Anyone know what this is for?

Asking for a friend.

DKX.jpg

@Flooded from where? It is obviously a feedback form, but what is your 'friend' seeing this on?

Hi All,

I have 2 rt-ax92u and 1 rt-ax88u. currently running RT-AX92U_9.0.0.4_386_41157-gd618756_cferom_ubi on both ax92us and merlins 386.1 beta2 on the ax88u. The ax88u is connected to the 1 gig down 40mb up xfinity modem. 1 ax92u is hardwired through the wan port to port 1 of the ax88u. The other ax92u is hardwired to its wan port from lan port 1 of the first ax92u, so there is a wired backhaul. All 3 routers are set to wired backhaul. All 3 routers are set to aimesh 2.0 with the ax88u setup as the master. I can connect to the ai mesh network at 2.4 gbps by isolating the individual bands 2g/5g/5g(ax) on the ax92us (wasnt able to with smart connect). My question is, and maybe a little off topic, (sorry merlin):

I can install entware, then dos2unix, then amtm on the ax92us. I have setup a jffs2 partition on usb drives on the ax92us. I have setup scripts to automount /opt to the usb drives, but for the life of me, entware doesn't stick after reboot on the ax92us. Before reboots I can install anything via entware and most things in amtm, and the files stay on the usb after reboot, but entware, dos2unix, amtm are all wiped out after reboot. I've tried many methods of startup scripts across multiple sites, none work. Any ideas? (If I highjacked this thread, please let me know which is more appropriate, thank you).

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention, the ax88u is fine, installed debian, plex, etc., sticks after reboot. Also installed debian, plex, etc on the ax92us, but the stinkers get wiped out after reboot. Trying for 2 days to get the usb mounting script to stick. I think it might have to do with the jffs2 partition on them. I setup a script to point the jffs2 partition at the usb, because there is no menu item in the webgui to enable it or format it after reboot. anyway, any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

(If I highjacked this thread, please let me know which is more appropriate, thank you).

If you are not reporting a defect with the subject beta firmware, you might want to start your own thread under the Asuswrt-Merlin sub forum.

OE

I love being able to get Beta firmware for the AX11000.. there still isn't anything newer then August 2020 on the asus site and I saw other models are coming out with Aimesh 2.0 so I searched and found this thread, thats pretty awesome.

I downloaded the latest firmware (from 12/1) and installed it on my AX11000, and AC68U. The other day I got complaints from the family wifi stopped working. I logged into the primary aimesh host router (ax11000) I could login but no fields were updating ( wan throughput, or anything that would of had information populated, on any of the pages ( connected clients, wan ip, ping time etc) on any of the pages. I rebooted the main router and AC86u router and it was fine again.

How do we provide meaningful feedback on issues like this? The router was running fine since release was installed on around 12/8/2020 for 10 days or so.

Thanks, and yes thank you so much for this community and beta software. There was an "annoyance" but I enjoy the new gui features/changes and AImesh 2.0 is a huge improvement. I notice my clients using the secondary node now more often as it should and the back haul feature freeing up the second 5ghz channel is great. I am looking forward to official release of this on the AX11000...

I suspect that the "Random MAC Address" setting on the Samsung devices may be causing issues with the XT8s. I am changing the setting on my phone to "Use Phone MAC Address" of the XT8 wifi connection instead of random MAC address and the problem seems to have disappeared.
Since, I have disabled Random MAC on my S20 phones, it has been 15 days and counting without rebooting my XT8 node and my S20 phones has not encountered incorrect password error when reconnecting or roaming between the XT8s.

So I am going to try reenable the random account on my phone to see if the problem comes back.

Last edited:
Finally choose to register for the SNB forum.
Previous router was a Asus AC3200 and now since a few weeks I have a RT-AX88U.
Few days ago I flashed the beta2 and discovered this bug:
When I have configured 2 OpenVpn clients (for separating different devices) using 2 different OpenVpn connections and activate them I will loose the internet connection and of course at least 1 client can't connect.
Same on Beta-1.
Build 384.19 doesn't have this issue so I guess it is a bug.

Hi when checking with GRC Shields Up

How can I turn off that probe ? I really don't like that!

I see this:

Solicited TCP Packets: PASSED — No TCP packets were received from your system as a direct result of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed below — they are all either fully stealthed or blocked by your ISP. However . . .
transpixel.gif
transpixel.gif

Unsolicited Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system's personal security countermeasures unwisely attempted to probe us in response to our probes. While some users believe that "tracking down" the source of Internet probes is useful, experience indicates that there is little to gain and potentially much to lose. The wisest course of action is to simulate nonexistence — which your system has failed to do. Your counter-probes immediately reveal your system's presence and location on the Internet.
transpixel.gif
transpixel.gif

Ping Echo: PASSED — Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests) from our server.
transpixel.gif

Hi when checking with GRC Shields Up

How can I turn off that probe ? I really don't like that!

I see this:

Solicited TCP Packets: PASSED — No TCP packets were received from your system as a direct result of our attempts to elicit some response from any of the ports listed below — they are all either fully stealthed or blocked by your ISP. However . . .
transpixel.gif
transpixel.gif

Unsolicited Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system's personal security countermeasures unwisely attempted to probe us in response to our probes. While some users believe that "tracking down" the source of Internet probes is useful, experience indicates that there is little to gain and potentially much to lose. The wisest course of action is to simulate nonexistence — which your system has failed to do. Your counter-probes immediately reveal your system's presence and location on the Internet.
transpixel.gif
transpixel.gif

Ping Echo: PASSED — Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests) from our server.
transpixel.gif

I don't believe an Asus router 'probes'.

OE

Finally choose to register for the SNB forum.
Previous router was a Asus AC3200 and now since a few weeks I have a RT-AX88U.
Few days ago I flashed the beta2 and discovered this bug:
When I have configured 2 OpenVpn clients (for separating different devices) using 2 different OpenVpn connections and activate them I will loose the internet connection and of course at least 1 client can't connect.
Same on Beta-1.
Build 384.19 doesn't have this issue so I guess it is a bug.

This discussion is about the Asus firmware, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!