What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren,
For me, I alway like to reboot everything, my Fibre ONT box (from ISP), my Router ...
I plug my MacBookPro directly to the ONT box (from ISP) by passing my Router, where I get my close to 1gbps, to ensure that it is not ISP problem. Hope you get your speed issue resolved for the New Year :)
Everything has been rebooted and have checked with ISP for any issues but nothing resolves the issue. I guess I'll need to bite the bullet and perform a reset but as it's new years eve I'll wait until another day. I have enough bandwidth for netflix and the likes so no hurry for now. Happy New Year everyone.

If I am going to upgrade one of my AC86Us to RC2-10 and possibly high CPU temps, I need advice in advance how to monitor CPU temp on stock Asuswrt so that I can log before and after measurements.

OE

If I am going to upgrade one of my AC86Us to RC2-10 and possibly high CPU temps, I need advice in advance how to monitor CPU temp on stock Asuswrt so that I can log before and after measurements.

From a command line via ssh, you should be able to enter the command given in this previous post to get the CPU temperature:

Just upgraded to the latest build on my XT8... for whatever reason, the problem persists where the last node in the chain is dropping to 2.4GHz backhaul, resolved previously by dropping just that node back to the release software. Frustrating!

1609430242225.png

I don't know why. If I'm setup AX86U as main router (official/merlin firmware) and 2 zenwifi XT8, only official latest firmware 25790 only will give 5Ghz both connected. If using any RC firmware to both zenwifi. only one of them will be 5Ghz. The other one only stuck at 2.4Ghz.

View attachment 28955
AX86U as main router (official/merlin firmware/RC Beta)
Zenwifi as node (RC any firmware inluding latest 41535 )

View attachment 28958
AX86U as main router (official/merlin firmware/RC Beta)
Zenwifi as node (Official 386.25790)

so for now, I just use official 25790 for XT8 and can't use bind features.
I am seeing this too (as above). Very odd.

Is fullcone nat part of this beta? Because im hesitating whether to test it or not?

Oh man, this type of language kills me!
Who invented new words for something that simple and old?
NAT was invented for 1:1 and 1:many. Simple, intuitive naming. Why invent "full con NAT"?
I know I'm offtopic, but come on...

Oh man, this type of language kills me!
Who invented new words for something that simple and old?
NAT was invented for 1:1 and 1:many. Simple, intuitive naming. Why invent "full con NAT"?
I know I'm offtopic, but come on...
It is by no means new terminology, and has a specific meaning.

Check the "Methods of Translation" section in the link above.

My report to Asus on the temp issue:
Monitor CPU temp with: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp

On 386_40451 the CPU temp was 68.5 C after overnight operation.
On the beta 386_41535 the CPU temp was at 88.5 C after 2 hours of operation.
Enabled "pwr config --wait on" and within 10 minutes the CPU temp was at 83.2 C.

Also the QOS Bandwidth monitor does not work on this beta. Did work on 386_40451.

My report to Asus on the temp issue:
Monitor CPU temp with: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp

On 386_40451 the CPU temp was 68.5 C after overnight operation.
On the beta 386_41535 the CPU temp was at 88.5 C after 2 hours of operation.
Enabled "pwr config --wait on" and within 10 minutes the CPU temp was at 83.2 C.

Also the QOS Bandwidth monitor does not work on this beta. Did work on 386_40451.

Sounds like RC2-10 is a pass unless hotter is the new normal(?). I've already burned up two AC86Us on the power regulation end.

OE

RC2-10 has destroyed my throughput on my AX11000, both wired and wireless. I have 300mb g.fast and at the moment I am only getting around 30mb. I seems I cannot now downgrade to beta RC2-9 which worked fine.
Please can anyone tell me how I can revert to the previous beta, are there any instructions anywhere online?
Thanks
Same here wit GT-AX11000 and RC2-10.
Throughput is less than 1/3 of what it was even after disabling AIProtection.
Also cant flash back to RC2-9

Same here wit GT-AX11000 and RC2-10.
Throughput is less than 1/3 of what it was even after disabling AIProtection.
Also cant flash back to RC2-9
I've re-enabled aiprotection as it didn't seem to make much difference. It does seem that wifi is faster than wired, can anyone else confirm or otherwise this observation?

Correct
On my 210mbit line
From AX-11000 user interface test I get 202 Mbps
From PC connected by LAN 60 Mbps
From my mobile I get 199 Mbps.
So it seems the wired connection is borked somehow
Shame we cant return to RC2-9 ...

Last edited:
Im running 9.0.0.4.386.41535 firmware on my new XT8 mesh. So far so good. I have configured an OVPN client which tunnels network traffic from all connected devices over the VPN. Is policy based routing likely to be implemented at any point? Apologies if this was already answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Just an observation and question for those that have tried this version and noted that they were unable to revert to previous firmware: @ASUSWRT_2020 noted in the release notes that this might be the case, although it was not clear if it applied only to the RT-AC68U, as the following appeared immediately after noting some peculiarities for that model.

If you want to downgrade to the previous version, you need to do it with rescue mode.
We are looking for a solution to this problem if you worry about this known issue, please wait for a further version and not update to this version.

For those that tried downgrading, have you tried doing so in Rescue Mode, or only through the normal GUI?

Through the GUI
Hmmm, I thought it only applied to RT-AC86U.
I dont find a rescue utility for the GT-AX11000 on its support page though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!