What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success !!!

I have managed to downgrade the firmware on the GT-AX1100 back to RC2-9

You have to perform the downgrade from a client connected wirelessly to the router.
I used my phone and browsed to the router webpage and then was able to flash the RC2-9.
Figured since the wired part is borked and the wireless performs normal i should try it from a wireless client and it just worked !!

Correct
On my 210mbit line
From AX-11000 user interface test I get 202 Mbps
From PC connected by LAN 60 Mbps
From my mobile I get 199 Mbps.
So it seems the wired connection is borked somehow
Shame we cant return to RC2-9 ...
It seems that from reading other posts XT8's don't have this problem. My two aimesh nodes are XT8's. Tomorrow I'll try a firmware rescue to downgrade the AX11000 to RC2-9 but leave the XT8's on RC2-10. See if this resolves the problem. I'll try using information from this link to perform the rescue.
Code:
https://uktechhub.com/forums/topic/asus-dsl-ac68u-rescue-mode-firmware-restoration-tool/
If anyone has any tips for firmware rescue I'd appreciate any advice as I've not done one before.

RC2-10 has destroyed my throughput on my AX11000, both wired and wireless. I have 300mb g.fast and at the moment I am only getting around 30mb. I seems I cannot now downgrade to beta RC2-9 which worked fine.
Please can anyone tell me how I can revert to the previous beta, are there any instructions anywhere online?
Thanks
I am having the same issue. AX88U with the RT-AX88U_9.0.0.4_386_41535-g1caa24a firmware, installed after a factory reset. Speed drops off to 65/20 from 650/80 previously. After reverting to the previous version of the firmware the issue disappears.

Success !!!

I have managed to downgrade the firmware on the GT-AX1100 back to RC2-9

You have to perform the downgrade from a client connected wirelessly to the router.
I used my phone and browsed to the router webpage and then was able to flash the RC2-9.
Figured since the wired part is borked and the wireless performs normal i should try it from a wireless client and it just worked !!
Excellent, many thanks. That worked a treat. I had to disable aiprotection as well before it worked but now my AX11000 is on RC2-9 and my two XT8 aimesh nodes remain on RC2-10. Everything seems to be working as it should again.

Upgraded GT-AX1100 to RC2-10 and enabled AI Protection to test it out. Just realized that I am unable to send videos in WhatsApp. Disabled AI Protection and it is working now. Didn't try AI Protection in earlier versions so don't know if it was working in earlier versions.

Will downgrade later today to RC2-9 and test.

Correct
On my 210mbit line
From AX-11000 user interface test I get 202 Mbps
From PC connected by LAN 60 Mbps
From my mobile I get 199 Mbps.
So it seems the wired connection is borked somehow
Shame we cant return to RC2-9 ...

I get +900mbit DL On Interspeed on router
I get +890mbit DL via Wifi on Ipad

LED for LAN bug is solved

You were lamenting the end of the beta test.
Huh?
Lament
to express sorrow, mourning, or regret for often demonstratively
to regret strongly

How exactly was I showing grief, sorrow or regretting the beta was over?
I just stated it may be over and whether it is or is not I really could care less about.

RC10 Working good on AX58U. No change in CPU temp. No change in speeds. Also able to downgrade if needed with no issues.

Please don't get offended! It's not my purpose!
I learned networking before Wikipedia and full cone NAT was not a term. I'm too old!
Not offended, just surprised!
The first NAT setup I personally used was on a dial-up connection for my work in around 2000-2001. Things were a bit more wobbly back then.
I'm not sure when the cone terminology was first used, but it is definitely referenced in RFC3489, published in 2003.

Huh?
Lament
to express sorrow, mourning, or regret for often demonstratively
to regret strongly

How exactly was I showing grief, sorrow or regretting the beta was over?
I just stated it may be over and whether it is or is not I really could care less about.

Fine. I'll use another word if it matters.

OE

9.0.0.4.386.41535 is running fine on RT-AC5300 and RT-68U (node).

@ASUSWRT_2020
RT-AC5300 with 9.0.0.4.386.41535 has the same issue I reported previously. Recap: when a device is successfully connected to the guest network 1 (2.4GHz), it disconnects internet for both guest and internet network. Creating a guest network 1 without active connection does not trigger this issue. Also, I can still ping the internet from the router (ssh). Guest network 2 has no such issue. So, the issue is related to br1 for 192.168.101.0/24.

Do you need any information / logs from me?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

New year eve, retested the beta on RT-AC5300, and adding more information to my own post.

@ASUSWRT_2020

First, I think @juched also experienced this problem (posted here). Maybe not exactly the same, but they are similar. In scenario 2 below, it also resulted high packet losses.

Second, here are my observations:

Scenario 1: No internet disconnect.​
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. No devices connected.​
Scenario 2: Internet got disconnected.
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. Connect (add the new SSID/network, not reconnect) a iPhone 11 to the guest network.​
2.1 - Force reconnect to the internet by toggling "Internet Connection" from On > Off > On. No internet disconnect observed. (This pretty much aligned to Scenario 3)​
2.2 - Put it into production (about 10+ IOTs), the internet disconnect became more persistent or more frequent. It was able to recover for a very short period of time after toggling the "Internet Connection."​
Scenario 3: No internet disconnect.​
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. Reconnect the iPhone 11 to the guest network.​
This may look illogical to Scenario 2. I don't have knowledge for the difference between new connection vs reconnect on iOS, and vs cheap IOTs. Or maybe I was wrong because I did not test it long enough.​

That's ALL. Not going to test again in 2020.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

This gives processor temp in millidegrees C

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp

My AC86U on 386-40451 reports 68458 or 68.458 C in a 20.5 C room

Edit: Have not figured out how to get radio temps. The overheating issue with the AC86U only seems to be with the main CPU so radio temps are not necessary at this point.
Bbunge,

I found this from forum here some time ago to get my Wireless Adaptors Temperature for my RT-AX88U

(1) First find respective wifi ifname:

nvram get wl0_ifname
▪ for my case -> eth6 (2.4 GHz WiFi)
nvram get wl1_ifname
▪ for my case -> eth7 (5.0 GHz WiFi)

(2) Second find their respective temperatures:

wl -i eth6 phy_tempsense
▪ 64 (0x40) -> 52.0 C
wl -i eth7 phy_tempsense
▪ 64 (0x40) -> 52.0 C

Note:
▪ Temperature = Value divided by 2, add 20
▪ SSH to AiMesh Router and Nodes to find all the Wifi temperatures

PS: Thanks for showing me how to find the CPU temperature :)

New year eve, retested the beta on RT-AC5300, and adding more information to my own post.

@ASUSWRT_2020

First, I think @juched also experienced this problem (posted here). Maybe not exactly the same, but they are similar. In scenario 2 below, it also resulted high packet losses.

Second, here are my observations:

Scenario 1: No internet disconnect.​
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. No devices connected.​
Scenario 2: Internet got disconnected.
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. Connect (add the new SSID/network, not reconnect) a iPhone 11 to the guest network.​
2.1 - Force reconnect to the internet by toggling "Internet Connection" from On > Off > On. No internet disconnect observed. (This pretty much aligned to Scenario 3)​
2.2 - Put it into production (about 10+ IOTs), the internet disconnect became more persistent or more frequent. It was able to recover for a very short period of time after toggling the "Internet Connection."​
Scenario 3: No internet disconnect.​
Enable guest network 1 2.4GHz. Reconnect the iPhone 11 to the guest network.​
This may look illogical to Scenario 2. I don't have knowledge for the difference between new connection vs reconnect on iOS, and vs cheap IOTs. Or maybe I was wrong because I did not test it long enough.​

That's ALL. Not going to test again in 2020.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

It sounds a bit as a duplicate subnet.
What's the ip address you're receiving on guest subnet?
Are you using that subnet anywhere else? I would investigate if that subnet is not used somehow by the ISP modem. What's the ip address your router receives from ISP? Are you using IPv6 too?
Eventually ssh to router, do a nvram show and try to figure out if that subnet is not used somewhere else.

The first NAT setup I personally used was on a dial-up connection for my work in around 2000-2001. Things were a bit more wobbly back then.
I'm not sure when the cone terminology was first used, but it is definitely referenced in RFC3489, published in 2003.

First and last AFAIK. One of the first attempts to build something by a Jonathan that later got to build great stuffs, but not in technology (and made great cash).
Let's move away from that unfortunate RFC. It was obsolete quite soon by a good RFC (by almost the same team). Without using any strange language, they end up calling it STUN, although there are wile languages around it as every vendor wants to show it greatness.

Coming back to your original question: Asus does good and reliable NAT 1:1 and Stun is working.

Disclaimer: I'm the kind of person terrible with names! Unless it's something common, I'm struggling!

Hi,
is there some one with Apple M1 machine? I have noticed that the WiFi shows as connected, but it doesn't seem to send any traffic over the network. I can't ping the router -- it just times out. The Tx Rate in the wifi menu fluctuates a little bit, which makes me think it's sort of connected, but no traffic goes through. Turning wifi off and on again fixes it immediately for a while. No other devices I have have ever had a similar issue.

I have tested some routers and my M1 doesn't work at the moment with:
  • ASUS AX88U
  • ASUS TUF Gaming AX3000
  • ASUS RT-AC86U

M1 works OK with:
  • ASUS AC87U
  • ASUS RT-16N
  • TP-Link Archer AX6000
  • iPhone 12 AX hotspot
At the moment I don't have access to more routers. Other devices (Intel macbook also) work OK. Only M1 have issues.

Have the speed issue as well with the latest firmware, my broadband speed basically half of what it was before.

Device AX-88u

It sounds a bit as a duplicate subnet.
What's the ip address you're receiving on guest subnet?
Are you using that subnet anywhere else? I would investigate if that subnet is not used somehow by the ISP modem. What's the ip address your router receives from ISP? Are you using IPv6 too?
Eventually ssh to router, do a nvram show and try to figure out if that subnet is not used somewhere else.

192.168.101.x netmask 255.255.255.0 for the guest subnet.
192.168.1.x on netmask 255.255.255.0 for the internal subnet.
ISP side is 141.xxx.xxx.xxx, it is from Verizon FIOS.
IPv6 disabled.

Reviewed "route -n" and "ifconfig", didn't see obvious duplicate subnet.
Reviewed "nvram show | grep 192", pretty standard stuff. e.g.,
vlan_rulelist=<1>501>0>0>FFFF>0002>0000>192.168.101.1/24>1>0>1><1>502>0>0>FFFF>0000>0002>192.168.102.1/24>1>0>1><1>503>0>0>FFFF>0000>00000002>192.168.103.1/24>1>0>1>

"robocfg show"
Code:
Switch: enabled
Port 0: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 1: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 2:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 3:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 4:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 5: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 7: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
VLANs: BCM5301x enabled mac_check mac_hash
   1: vlan1: 1 2 3 4 5 7 8t
   2: vlan2: 0 8u
 501: vlan501: 0t 1t 2t 3t 4t 7t 8t

"brctl show"
Code:
bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
br0             8000.xxxxxxxxxxd0       yes             vlan1
                                                        wl0.2
                                                        wds2.1
                                                        wds0.2
br1             8000.xxxxxxxxxxd1       yes             wl0.1
                                                        eth0.501
                                                        eth1.501
                                                        eth2.501
                                                        eth3.501
                                                        wds2.1.501
                                                        wds0.2.501

"nvram show | grep 501"
Code:
wgn_br1_wl_ifnames=eth1.501 eth2.501 eth3.501
br1_ifnames=wl0.1 eth0.501 eth1.501 eth2.501 eth3.501
wgn_br1_lan_ifnames=eth0.501
lan1_ifnames=wl0.1 eth0.501 eth1.501 eth2.501 eth3.501
vlan_rulelist=<1>501>0>0>FFFF>0002>0000>192.168.101.1/24>1>0>1><1>502>0>0>FFFF>0000>0002>192.168.102.1/24>1>0>1><1>503>0>0>FFFF>0000>00000002>192.168.103.1/24>1>0>1>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!