What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that with 41535 on my AX88u and two ac68u aimesh nodes if I enable a guest network which has no intranet access and sync to all nodes then devices on those nodes will drop many packets. Changing to not sync to aimesh nodes fixed it. (Reboot of nodes needed this time). Ethernet backhaul is enabled.

I also get this using an AX88U and AC67U nodes. I am pretty sure AC67U uses the same firmware as AC68U. I am using the official released 386 firmware, not any of the RCs. Asus please fix this!

P.S. I have a ticket logged with Asus support for this.

Hi all, random question: is policy based routing working in this version, or should I go to a different one for that to work (using NordVPN)

Edit, NVM - it is working correctly; I just didnt have enough patience for the settings change to kick in!

Last edited:
Does the Sync to Nodes feature for aimesh only works for guest network 1 or does it work with 2 and 3? Since it'd be kinda sad if the synced guest network only works if it's in the guest network 1. ( For us people that have the 1st guest network for guests and 2nd guest network for IoT stuff)

Does the Sync to Nodes feature for aimesh only works for guest network 1 or does it work with 2 and 3? Since it'd be kinda sad if the synced guest network only works if it's in the guest network 1. ( For us people that have the 1st guest network for guests and 2nd guest network for IoT stuff)

I would assume the sync setting only applies to the guest WLAN it is shown for.

OE

I knew I forgot something in my notes! Winging it here off memory so please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the Sync to Node was not available on guest network 2 or 3, just 1 for both 2g and 5g bands.

I would assume the sync setting only applies to the guest WLAN it is shown for.

OE
Huh. Why not all three? Aren't guest network 2 and 3 considered "Guest Network" ?? Pretty weird tbh haha

I knew I forgot something in my notes! Winging it here off memory so please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the Sync to Node was not available on guest network 2 or 3, just 1 for both 2g and 5g bands.
Yeah, weird . Why not all ? Since they are all guest networks technically...

2022: I’ll be checking out AiMesh 3.0 but not one day sooner :cool:

Huh. Why not all three? Aren't guest network 2 and 3 considered "Guest Network" ?? Pretty weird tbh haha

I'm just helping you to see how it currently is. tbh haha

OE

@ASUSWRT_2020
Why CPU wait and Energy Efficient Ethernet was disabled on latest official fw for RT-AC86U ? This increases the CPU temperature by an average of 10 degrees Celsius.

Last edited:
@ASUSWRT_2020

dunno if this was reported but;

(9.0.0.4.386.41157)
A11000:
Speedtest does not work properly my 1000/400 conection only shows 650mb download (works fine on same server on speed test app or in browser)

Network led is off

(9.0.0.4.386.41535)
AX11000:
Lan speeds are dead, firmware bugs the router, only way to revert is via WIFI or rescue mode

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!