What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 55 pages of logs otherwise, if you want anything let me know. I'm not going to post it all here.
No messages for dhcp in all of those pages.
I`ll need the log from the boot until the failed DHCP renewal, as well as the firewall state as reported from "iptables -L -vn".

As previously mentioned to you several months ago, the Bandwidth Monitor has always been working with the Apps Analysis OFF (was never set ON) for my router:
Yep. And as previously mentioned it has never worked for me... until now. The conundrum continues...

I`ll need the log from the boot until the failed DHCP renewal, as well as the firewall state as reported from "iptables -L -vn".
Does this look correct? I see default firewall settings IPV4 NO, but IPV6 YES.Is this a problem?

1691453307836.png

I felt confident to "initally" run with 388.4_B1 as running great on the AXE11000, with the updated commits on GitHub from Rmerlin since the Beta release not related to this. After the ongoing reboots on 388.4_B1 then tried the GA rmerlin code of 388.2_2, but still restarts every 30-60mins. I didn't try ASUS stock firmware (yet..) as doubted this symptom was linked to the "solid" Beta & especially the GA code. Logs not showing a clear fail, plus a brand new unit, were enough indicators to me there was a hardware issue..and...in work today to see my engineering team, ASUS service centre is only 3km away.
Update: Just back from the ASUS service centre and they were able to replicate the reboots. Now have a replacement AXE16000 to give that a whirl, starting with my saved config/jffs data from the prior unit.
|Update: With a 2nd GT-AXE16000 same random reboot issues...err... Using the latest ASUS stock code and ran 24hrs without issue, as then did 388.4 Beta2. Then slowly over three days added two rmerlin packages at a time and then leaving run for awhile. After installing SpdMerlin a random reboot within 10mins, and then another, nothing in the logs to reflect reason for outage.
Removing SpdMerlin and now the only Add-On not installed in what I'd use (see signature) the AXE16000 has now run without problems for 24hrs. SpdMerlin runs totally fine on my AXE11000 at 388.4 Beta2 though. Reading the snbforum on SpdMerlin it's no longer being developed (boo hoo) so any fix for the AXE16000 appears unlikely 🥺

I wonder how many of the unusual issues that come up are caused by Ad Blockers. AdGuard has caused issues for me in the past and I thought that it was fixed then. Somehow it got turned on again for my router. I do know that from what I experienced it needs to be disabled for the router web address. Also, in order for the Ookla speed check to work correctly I needed to disable it for that even though I had the router web address already disabled. I can say right now that this beta is working great.

I no longer use any plugin on my router and the stability is a delight. I use AdGuard DNS for some hosts and that's good enough for me.

Updated my RT AX3000 to 388.4 beta2. Everything is working perfectly except the DDNS update issue which was not there in 388.2. DDNS is working after the system reboot but not updating the IP in the running system if the lease is renewed by the ISP.

Is your WAN connection using DHCP, PPPoE or something else? IPv4 and/or IPv6? Are you using a public or a private (CGNAT/double NAT) IP?

I have same issue on AX86U.
WAN connection is PPPoE and my ISP changes IP around 4am every morning, only using IPv4. Yesterday I noticed I cannot connect to NAS, though I forgot to forward ports after reset, but in the end I noticed IP on my DDNS domain wasn't updated. After I manually updated it worked again until this morning when IP changed again.

I'm using custom DDNS script, this is script code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# register a subdomain at https://www.duckdns.org/ to get your token
SUBDOMAIN="xxx"
TOKEN="xxx"

# no modification below needed
curl --silent "https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=$SUBDOMAIN&token=$TOKEN&ip=$1" >/dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ];
then
    /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1
else
    /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 0
fi

Last edited:
RT-AX86U on beta 1 and now on beta 2, RT-AX86S with stock 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 - working as AIMesh with wifi backhaul. I had to skip few last updates and stay on 386.7_2 because problems with some IOT devices disconnecting very often on newer.
Now everything just works fine on betas with IOTs (mostly light were problematic).

With beta 2 I got only a lot of such logs
kernel: wl0: random key value: C94420C6D8CBD155336F013D1591EE37B539CE7B2B2209F22AACBED185FDADFA

I have same issue on AX86U.
WAN connection is PPPoE and my ISP changes IP around 4am every morning, only using IPv4. Yesterday I noticed I cannot connect to NAS, though I forgot to forward ports after reset, but in the end I noticed IP on my DDNS domain wasn't updated. After I manually updated it worked again until this morning when IP changed again.

I'm using custom DDNS script, this is script code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# register a subdomain at https://www.duckdns.org/ to get your token
SUBDOMAIN="xxx"
TOKEN="xxx"

# no modification below needed
curl --silent "https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=$SUBDOMAIN&token=$TOKEN&ip=$1" >/dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ];
then
    /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1
else
    /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 0
fi

I don't know if it is the same thing but I posted below few pages back.

"I disconnected manually my PPPoE connection earlier to get a new IP address from the GUI (Network Map-> Internet Connection) but ddns-start script did not kick in."

Above still exists in beta-2.

Updated my AX88u and AX86S with no issue.

after dirty updating to the last 2 betas, changing vnstat settings are not saving in web or cli..tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no go.

after dirty updating to the last 2 betas, changing vnstat settings are not saving in web or cli..tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no go.
Did you do a factory reset AFTER installing beta2?

Still counting without any error...:

388.4_beta2_onlinetime.JPG

Just save your settings and JFFS-partition from your working setup.
After that you can test with beta2 and factory reset. If it does not work flash back to last working version reset again and restore your saved settings and JFFS-partition.

Just save your settings and JFFS-partition from your working setup.
After that you can test with beta2 and factory reset. If it does not work flash back to last working version reset again and restore your saved settings and JFFS-partition.

How do you clear the JFFS patition?

CC

I don't know if it is the same thing but I posted below few pages back.

"I disconnected manually my PPPoE connection earlier to get a new IP address from the GUI (Network Map-> Internet Connection) but ddns-start script did not kick in."

Above still exists in beta-2.
Same issue here too..

Status
Not open for further replies.