What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

376.49_5 was uploaded, fixing the CVE-2014-9583 security hole.

Thanks, did you notice my post some day ago? Is this possible to fix for "Server 2"?

Thanks, fixed.* It's an issue in Asus's code that I had fixed a few months ago, but came back as I switched to their webui code in 3677.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commit/c16febc682e42a7d2b789ae7b173f7f1af9fc3de

HI RMerlin, I see that this is fixed in _4, but I just enabled "Server 2" and this setting is missing from gui in server 2 configuration.

376.49_5 is strictly an emergency security release. None of the code I have been working on the past two weeks have been included, and there are zero other code changes.

Upgraded from 376.49_4 to 376.49_5.

Now my OpenVPN server is no longer running (was working fine in _4). The "OpenVPN Servers" tab shows this error message:

"Certification Authentication / Server certification / Server Key field error!
Please check the Keys and Certification contents on the Advanced Settings page"

However, the settings in the Advanced Settings page seem unchanged.

How can I solve this?

OpenVPN tab missing

I just installed the latest verision of this for my router: RT-N16_3.0.0.4_376.49_5 and there is no OpenVPN tab appearing in the VPN section of my router configurations. I have attemtped to Factory Reset and reflash but it is still missing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Recently changed from Tomato Shibby (2+ years of use) and i'm delighted. Although AdvancedTomato provides a really good GUI, the asuswrt-merlin performance with CTF is noticeable. Gonna make a donation. Keep up the good work Merlin.

New build

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.3813
[Important] This version included AiProtection and AdaptiveQoS. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

New features
1. Added AiProtection with triple-strength total network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
2. Added Adaptive QoS. Applications and tasks can be prioritized easily using drag-and-drop presets for gaming, media streaming, VoIP, web browsing and file transfers.

Security related
1. Fixed CSRF issue.
2. Upgraded Openssl library to 1.0.0.o
3. Removed FTP link in Network map

Bug fixes
1. Fixed dual wan fails over mode switch back issue.
2. Fixed VPN server related issues.
3. Fixed static IP setting issue in AP mode.
4. Fixed download master cannot be uninstalled in FAT16 and FAT32 format.
5. Fixed Wake on LAN UI issue.
6. Fixed Firefox compatibility issue.
7. Fixed IPv6 related issues.
8. Fixed IGMP related issues.
9. Fixed media server related issues.
10. Fixed UI issue when setting the repeater mode or AP mode in QIS.

3G/LTE
1. Supported Huawei E161, E3131, E171
2. Supported ZTE MF880, MF823, MF821D
3. Supported Royaltek Q110

ASUS did say this week

for the latest round of updates. It's Friday night in Taiwan. They just got there. Now who is going to be the first to try it out.:D

I just installed the latest verision of this for my router: RT-N16_3.0.0.4_376.49_5 and there is no OpenVPN tab appearing in the VPN section of my router configurations. I have attemtped to Factory Reset and reflash but it is still missing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

OpenVPN is not supported on the RT-N16.

Recently changed from Tomato Shibby (2+ years of use) and i'm delighted. Although AdvancedTomato provides a really good GUI, the asuswrt-merlin performance with CTF is noticeable. Gonna make a donation. Keep up the good work Merlin.
Welcome aboard dude! I have been a Merlin advocate for years so you are preaching to the choir my friend. With the exception of a couple of less desirables that peruse these forums, all are in agreement with me. The ability to store traffic data on a USB stick and to use JFFS2 to run scripts at the time of bootup alone make Merlin's fork of AsusWRT worth using. The fact that his builds are sometimes more stable than the stock firmwares from Asus is a testament in itself.

Upgraded from 376.49_4 to 376.49_5.

Now my OpenVPN server is no longer running (was working fine in _4). The "OpenVPN Servers" tab shows this error message:

"Certification Authentication / Server certification / Server Key field error!
Please check the Keys and Certification contents on the Advanced Settings page"

However, the settings in the Advanced Settings page seem unchanged
Turned out I accidentally changed them some time ago, but did not apply them then... :eek:

Fixed. OpenVPN is working again as in 376.49_4.

OpenVPN is not supported on the RT-N16.

Well that is annoying, The default firmware had OpenVPN it just wouldn't work with PIA. So I used this firmware to resolve the issue. Now even if I go back to the Stock Firmware OpenVPN is gone. Guess I give DD-wrt a try.

Just upgraded to 49_5 and am now getting 'Unauthorised registration request' from the Asus DDNS service.

Upgraded from 49_2 to 49_5 for the security fix, no factory defaults reset, and everything looks just fine. All working exactly as it was before. Except more secure.

Thanks very much for picking up the security fix!

Note: if I had done the upgrade and had problems, I'd do a reset to factory defaults and manually re-enter my configuration settings. And then see where things stand. But that's just me *smile*.

Upgraded from 49_2 to 49_5 for the security fix, no factory defaults reset, and everything looks just fine. All working exactly as it was before. Except more secure.

Thanks very much for picking up the security fix!

Note: if I had done the upgrade and had problems, I'd do a reset to factory defaults and manually re-enter my configuration settings. And then see where things stand. But that's just me *smile*.

Roger, do you have the Asus DDNS service working after the upgrade?

Just upgraded to 49_5 and am now getting 'Unauthorised registration request' from the Asus DDNS service.

Definitely not related to the upgrade, since there's been zero change outside of closing the security hole, and fixing a second security issue in the same infosvr code.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!