Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by RMerlin, Nov 2, 2015.

1. AdKiller

AdKiller New Around Here

Hi RMerlin,

First I would like to thank you for your firmware and the great deal of effort you put into it.
    I was previously using your 378.55 release on my RT-N66U.
    I manually configured the following settings via SSH:
    Code:
    nvram set wl0_reg_mode=d
    nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
    nvram set wl_reg_mode=h
    nvram commit
    service restart_wireless
    After upgrading to your latest firmware (378.56_2), the above setting would always be reset to 'off' after restarting the router or the wireless module.
    I need the above settings to be configured to work with the Killer Wireless N-1202 WiFi card on my laptop.
    I also require it for an old MacBook Pro that has a built-in dual-band Broadcom card.

I have downgraded back to 378.55, but wonder if there is a way to make the above settings stick in the latest firmware?

Thanks,
    ADK

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. Madj4ck

Madj4ck Occasional Visitor

I went with the first option :D, thank you. Btw how did you overclock RT-AC87U: Merlin version 3.0.0.4.378.56_2
    OC'd: 1200/800 (JFFS)

3. charlie2alpha

charlie2alpha Senior Member

Nothing can be done for this, most of the wireless code is now closed source and locked down due to the FCC's new rules. The corresponding options were removed from the web interface for the same reason, they are now hardcoded inside the closed source components of the firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

4. Igor Macaubas

Igor Macaubas New Around Here

Hi there, Asus RT-AC3200 here. Firmware update failed with same message, reboot solved issue. Thanks!

5. joegreat

joegreat Very Senior Member

Regarding OC you might look into this thread - as Asus has tightened the user settings to the original values from the boot-loader (CFE). :rolleyes:

Madj4ck likes this.
  6. Bart Stam

Bart Stam New Around Here

I had the problem that the web-interface of my RT-AC66U seemed to be broken after upgrading to this release. When hitting a 'submit'-button I was always sent to the page to sign in to my router. Changes were also never saved. The problem occurred with several webbrowsers and with caches/cookies/sessions emptied.

A reset to defaults seemed to be the solution. However when I started reconfiguring the router again, the problems with the interface returned after I changed the LAN IP-address and subnet-mask. If I perform a reset to defaults and immediately change the IP-address and subnet mask, the interface is broken.
    Obviously in this version the router doesn't like me to change the default IP-address and subnetmask-mask. (I use 10.0.1.1/255.255.254.0)

7. Veky

Veky Occasional Visitor

I updated my RT-N66U today from 378.55 to 378.56_2.

1) When trying to open the client map or list, I either get logged out of the router or the page becomes unresponsive. If I force close the tab, I am unable to log back in for a while, I only get "Problem loading page". When using the developer tools -> network monitor there is an increasing number of HTTP GET requests, none of which seem to be completed (no 200 OK) and all of them show over 1250ms.

These are:

https://192.168.10.1:8443/update_clients.asp?_=1447022472138

https://192.168.10.1:8443/update_networkmapd.asp?_=1447022467505

https://192.168.10.1:8443/ajax_uploadicon.asp?clientmac=MAC_ADDRESS_=1447022472151

After getting logged out, the syslog shows:

watchdog: restart httpd
    rc_service: watchdog 251:notify_rc start_httpd
    httpd: start httpd - SSL

Tried different browsers and computers.

2) Do we now need to set NAT Acceleration manually to "Disable" in order for per IP traffic monitoring to work? In earlier versions it could be set to "Auto" but would be automatically disabled if IPTraffic was enabled.

Thanks in advance.

8. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

This indicates that the httpd server had terminated/crashed, and was restarted by the watchdog.

Nothing changed there for a long time, so it should still work the same as before.

9. wsarahan

wsarahan Senior Member

Merlin how are you

I`m using the latest 3.0.0.4.378_9135 from Asus website at my AC3200 one, have 2 questions

If i flash to 378.56_2 should i make a factory update or not necessary?

And does it worth the change? What`s the benefits from the latest Asus one to 378.56_2?

Thanks my friend

10. Veky

Veky Occasional Visitor

Which is quite strange, as soon as I click on the round clients button the page goes berserk.

Tried to disable then enable IPTraffic, HW acceleration still shows enabled.

11. RMerlin

Where is it showing as enabled? Did you reboot after enabling IPTraffic?

12. RMerlin

No.

Up to you. http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/features

13. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 Senior Member

"What`s the benefits"

You'll have to read the changelog and decide. I do wonder if we're headed for a point where there's little difference given the way Asus takes RMerlin's work and rolls it into Asus's FW, others as well. It is impressive Asus gives credit where credit's due. If Asus is going to include all the updates and improvements the "third party" guys are coding the separation between them won't be all that great.

RMerlin's FW in my opinion is a selling feature for staying with Asus.

14. jim769

jim769 Very Senior Member

No question and Asus knows it.

15. quisp65

quisp65 Occasional Visitor

Yea... I have the RT-AC68P and I had issue like this with the adaptive QOS also. Maybe I could of fixed it but I reverted back to the July version and I'll wait till the next version comes out to try again.

16. Dezzo

Dezzo Occasional Visitor

Ive encountered a couple of bugs in 378.56_2 on AC68U.

- Upon deleting the 5ghz guest network, the settings from the guest network were for some reason placed into the main 5ghz network settings.

- Cannot make any changes to WLAN MAC Address filter list as Apply buttons don't respond.

- All devices in WLAN Mac Address filter list have the device name attached to the MAC address.
    For example, xx:xx:xx:xx:xx>Chromecast-LR

Im reverting to an earlier version.

17. mossman

mossman Occasional Visitor

I'm getting the same behaviour on my N66U - I click on List Clients, an unpopulated popup displays, and after a few seconds it populates, displays for maybe a couple of seconds, then I get logged out. This happens on two PCs.

Just tried it again - eventually displayed OK, but seemed to lock up - I could not close the popup (which went semi-transparent). Eventually it disappeared, but the screen was unresponsive. Clicking on another option then logged me out.

18. gffmac

gffmac Regular Contributor

Maybe try factory defaults, I did and Im not seeing these issues.

19. Robi-G

Robi-G New Around Here

I'm sorry if that question got answered already a 100 times but... I still have the problem with index.asp and firefox - Can't browse through my Asus RT 87U, I only got the title page opened with no menu on the side or a header on top. What can I do against that?

20. hyungsub

hyungsub Occasional Visitor

Help...!
    Rt-ac87u 5ghz wifi ping loss 0.5%(all firmware ver.)
    please.. help