What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Here is a small problem with external HDD scanner.
Schedule Disk Scan settings are dropping after reboot.
Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 10.06.46.png

Access your router by its IP rather than by its name. A few users have encountered that problem, but I'm unable to reproduce it. Since the issue also exists in the stock firmware, this is something Asus will no doubt resolve eventually. They are still finetuning the new authentication system that they implemented a few months ago.
Thanks, using the IP address does mitigate the problem. I can get it to consistently happen when accessing the web interface by name, is there anything I can do to help debug this?

A POST to /apply.cgi receives a 200 OK response (my browser's traffic inspection is only capturing the response code and not the body unfortunately, and I haven't tried direct traffic inspection since this is HTTPS). It appears that some JS in the response loads /Main_Login.asp?error_status=6.

Thanks, using the IP address does mitigate the problem. I can get it to consistently happen when accessing the web interface by name, is there anything I can do to help debug this?
I have asked the same question here - but not response yet...

Hello,
I have 378.56_2 firmware on a RT-N66U router and the following settings for traffic monitoring
Untitled.png

I also check the box for "create or reset data files" and after restart of router i get what
is mark with red
Untitled1.png

thanks.

A POST to /apply.cgi receives a 200 OK response (my browser's traffic inspection is only capturing the response code and not the body unfortunately, and I haven't tried direct traffic inspection since this is HTTPS). It appears that some JS in the response loads /Main_Login.asp?error_status=6.

Too much work involved. I would have to study how the new authentication scheme works, and this is mostly uncommented code. So I'll let Asus handle it themselves.

Reactions: JMB
Hello,
I have 378.56_2 firmware on a RT-N66U router and the following settings for traffic monitoring
Untitled.png

I also check the box for "create or reset data files" and after restart of router i get what
is mark with red
Untitled1.png

thanks.

Nothing wrong there. This is most likely traffic bits logged before the clock gets set at some point of boot.

I upgraded from 378.56 to 378.56_2 but still see 378.56 :/
36Q1X3K.png

Hi,

If the update would be successful you would see: 378.56_2 - as I do!

Remove USB devices and reboot to have enough memory free for the update!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

If the update would be successful you would see: 378.56_2 - as I do!

Remove USB devices and reboot to have enough memory free for the update!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Ahh!, Thank you :)

36Q1X3K.png
You have 2 choices:

1) Unplug all USB devices & reboot.
2) Run the following via telnet/SSH & reboot:
Code:
nvram set drop_caches=1
nvram commit

TCP Timeout: Established setting is set to 2400 the default says 1200 what value is correct one to use ? 378.56_2

Hi,
AC68U owner, was running 378.55 upgraded to 378.56_2. VPN setup working fine except for one LAN client (VoIP). It simply doesn't like being routed over VPN. No problem I add the following rule for this statically assigned device:

VOIP 192.168.1.106 0.0.0.0 WAN

Device will not register, I see the following excerpts in syslog

Nov 7 17:12:07 openvpn-routing: Added 192.168.1.106 to 0.0.0.0 through WAN to routing policy
Nov 7 17:12:10 kernel: ACCEPT IN=eth0 OUT=br0 SRC=46.21.154.82 DST=192.168.1.106 LEN=145 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=54 ID=20517 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=443 DPT=60479 LEN=125 MARK=0x1

From the second entry it appears that the VPN (46.21.154.82) is being referenced for the VoIP device (192.168.1.106) even though all destination routes for 192.168.101.6 should be over the WAN. Any ideas ?
thanks

Hi,
My cpu usage suddenly hovering at 70% and saw this in the log file.

Nov 8 11:45:20 Mastiff: aae_status_check return -1
Nov 8 11:45:21 Aaews: start to establish a terminal
Nov 8 11:45:22 Mastiff: aae_status_check return -1
Nov 8 11:45:22 Mastiff: aae_status_check return -1
Nov 8 11:45:24 Aaews: start to establish a terminal

Hi guys.

Couple of bugs I've found (RT-AC68R):

1. QoS Bandwidth limiter limits local network traffic. E.g. having adaptive QoS I get internal transfer speed around 30Mbytes/sec while copying files from HDD attached to router. But if I activate QoS/Bandwidth limiter, this speed drops to 10Megabytes/sec (regardless of digits I enter as limits). External (WAN to particular LAN client) traffic gets shaped as expected though.

2. (minor bug): Adaptive QoS Customize option does not have options initially (looks like empty list): I have to select something else first (Game for example) and click Apply. After that I can click Custom and have list of available options to drag and sort.

Honestly I'd prefer QoS classic style with bandwidth limiter and prioritization all together (in one setup). It looks like that but does not work. This is why I decided to play with Bandwidth limiter (not allow to any client to consume whole WAN channel's bandwidth).

Hi
I have installed the 378.56 _ 2 firmware on my RT-AC66U and I want report that the PPPoE relay does not work.

I had some problems with Custom DDNS on the latest firmware - when my ddns-start script called custom-ddns-updated (or whatever it was called, I can't check right now), it resulted in a segmentation fault. Then I tested it again another day and it worked :D I didn't even reboot the router...

My actual command (curl) worked fine from the cli all along but the part where it notifies the system about the update failed.
I'll post my whole script later so you can add it to the wiki, it'll be useful if someone else uses dy.fi :)

TCP Timeout: Established setting is set to 2400 the default says 1200 what value is correct one to use ? 378.56_2

I would suggest you leave it at 2400 used to be Asus had it at 432000 which would be five days.

In the source code:

Code:
[TCP_CONNTRACK_ESTABLISHED]     = 40 MINS, /* was 5 DAYS, no less then tcp_keepalive_time + tcp_keepalive_probes * tcp_keepalive_intvl */

Too short and you may see application issues.

Netgear R7000 took a dive so came back home to Asus and RMerlin's FW.

Noticed using Google Chrome some times log out doesn't do anything. Thinking that's more Google Chrome than the FW but wanted to pass it along.

Also with USB drive as some have noted after reboot it gets lost or other settings don't stick. Rebooting not being playing well with an attached USB drive is not new by the way.

I don't do VPN or IPV6.

Everything is faster than the R7000 but it could've been the R7000 was slowly dying. Who knows.... All I know is the RMerlin the R68U everything in my home theater, NAS drives, wireless clients are faster.

R68U on sale at Fry's cheaply enough might buy a second as a gift for son-in-law. Well performing router at its price point and with RMerlin's FW a really nice anchor for a home network. I wish ASUS would have not fixed the stand/mount as they did as its not always applicable for it to stand on edge but for the price I'll work with it.

AC3200 - went from 378.56 to 378.56_2 - upgraded perfectly fine.
NTP problem is now resolved :)
Unfortunately NAT loopback wouldn't wor anymore - had to change it from Merlin to Asus to get it to work (easy enough to resolve).

thanks for your sterling work RMerlin.

Hi RMerlin,

First I would like to thank you for your firmware and the great deal of effort you put into it.
I was previously using your 378.55 release on my RT-N66U.
I manually configured the following settings via SSH:
Code:
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=d
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h
nvram set wl_reg_mode=h
nvram commit
service restart_wireless

After upgrading to your latest firmware (378.56_2), the above setting would always be reset to 'off' after restarting the router or the wireless module.
I need the above settings to be configured to work with the Killer Wireless N-1202 WiFi card on my laptop.
I also require it for an old MacBook Pro that has a built-in dual-band Broadcom card.

I have downgraded back to 378.55, but wonder if there is a way to make the above settings stick in the latest firmware?

Thanks,
ADK

Last edited: