What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
VPN PPTP/L2TP Clients does not work
OpenVPN Clients are working normally
?! I cannot understand why...

Last edited:
HI,
VPN PPTP/L2TP Clients does not work
OpenVPN Clients are working normally
?! I cannot understad why...
I haven't upgraded my RT-AC68U to v386.1Beta (yet), but on the RT-AX86U/RT-AX56U PPTP works - neither of my VPN ISPs (HMA, VPNBook) support L2TP

e.g.

1607771696393.png

Do you get any errors in Syslog?

Don't have any into depth knowledge on security. I only know it offers 128 bit end to end tunnelling.

I know what keysize and message digest are, but just never understood how stating keysize tells us anything. A Nerf gun shoots a much bigger gauge dart than a 12 gauge shotgun slug.

Number of bits doesn't really matter, number of bits of *what* does.

I've noticed that 5G takes several minutes longer than 2.4 to come up after a reboot, but not random radios turning off after that.
Whenever I see posts about 5GHz radio delays, DFS always comes to mind. Check to make sure you are not using DFS channels. Even if you have not used them in the past, when you reset, make sure you didn't leave something enabled. Also, a 160MHZ width on AX devices will always cross into DFS space, so expect the delay.

Verify the by looking in your logs for acsd: events and 'scanning for radar, waiting, etc'

FWIW, FW Version upgrades do not enable DFS or any channel changes which may be available in your region. This would have to be an ASUS bootloader/CFE update and they never do this since it would require revalidation with the FCC.

Hi,

This is to report success dirty upgrading my RT-AX88U from 384.19 (which was running flawlessly for about 90+ days) to 386.1 beta. I took the plunge also and retired my RP-AC68U access point installing a RT-AX56U as an aimesh node (also running 386.1 beta). So far so good after 2 days and very impressed with this beta stability and aimesh 2 functionality. Tested DLNA, Samba, Aiprotection, Openvpn, diversion, IPTV.. without a hitch and with good speeds. (not using QoS since my fiber based PPPoE connection is already fast enough - 600mbps).

The only very minor problem I found is that it takes now about 10 minutes for the RT-AX88U to boot and start wifi radios.

All in all, thanks again to Merlin and all the developers for a solid build.

AX86U, can confirm what some others are saying on the Lets Encrypt "Authorizing" issue.
Wiped configuration completely, formatted JFFS, sitting at authorizing. Not much in logs. Happy to look deeper if needed.

Thank you

Same here - before I uploaded my own cert anyway so not a problem for me.

Just want to throw this out there one more time. A factory reset is necessary with this release!
A lot of problems posted here are a direct result of not doing a factory reset or doing a factory rest improperly. When you do a factory reset make sure you don't restore your settings from a saved backup. It's also recommended to format the JFFS partition after you updated to the new release. And be sure to give your router plenty of time to complete its bootup process after each restart, especially if you do a JFFS partition format. This is not something you can rush in 5 minutes; this needs time to do it properly.

annoying when I did this on alpha4 anyway as brand new router (and not using a backup of settings to initialise it). PITA always resetting between firmwares. Never have this with other manufacturer devices I have. Good job Merlin's firmware overall is so good to put up with it :)

annoying when I did this on alpha4 anyway as brand new router (and not using a backup of settings to initialise it). PITA always resetting between firmwares. Never have this with other manufacturer devices I have. Good job Merlin's firmware overall is so good to put up with it :)
If you're not happy to reset when requested, it's probably worth avoiding the Alpha and Beta code sticking with released versions instead.

If you're not happy to reset when requested, it's probably worth avoiding the Alpha and Beta code sticking with released versions instead.

new router, new model supported. No choice as no previous stable for the AX86U. You still have to reset between release versions anyway just not every time.

I always reset when a new branche is launched. It helps eliminate at least 75 to 90 procent of the issues i usually read on here.

I always reset when a new branche is launched. It helps eliminate at least 75 to 90 procent of the issues i usually read on here.
#ThisIsTheWay
#ThisIsTheOtherWay

There are now 3 of us so far that can confirm that rapidly clicking through the menu system (for example to check your settings) on 386 Beta 1 causes the RT-AX58U to crash and reboot.

Same here. Went from 384 release to 386 beta 1. Clicking around in WebUI crashes router. Also, connecting from the Asus Router app and opening the Devices list, then clicking any device will instantly crash the router.

Same here. Went from 384 release to 386 beta 1. Clicking around in WebUI crashes router. Also, connecting from the Asus Router app and opening the Devices list, then clicking any device will instantly crash the router.

Old news. Keep reading for the solution.

Been rocking Beta 1 for almost a week on the AX58U works good. When can we expect Beta 2 ?

When it's ready! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!