What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
after the beta install my PIA stopped working
flashed back to the stable version, PIA working again
waiting for the next beta
PIA works fine for me on the Beta Version.

Hi, i have a noob question... There is an official update for AX11000 (3.0.0.4.386_44266) where it seems they fixed stability issues (2.5G port unstability), are those fixes getting implemented here? Idk how merlin beta updates works for implementing fixes from official firmware. Thanks in advance!
Have you read changelog?

Hi, i have a noob question... There is an official update for AX11000 (3.0.0.4.386_44266) where it seems they fixed stability issues (2.5G port unstability), are those fixes getting implemented here? Idk how merlin beta updates works for implementing fixes from official firmware. Thanks in advance!
Since you're new, what @octopus means is Merlin will list any new GPL baselines in the changelog. Since there is nothing listed, that means no change.

If you look at the changelog (https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/changelog) and search for GPL, you can see the last update was in 386.2 to GPL 386_42095.

Beta 2 has been uploaded. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
9cb6ddbd04 Updated documentation
8265c34be5 Bumped revision to beta 2
00e83f928e libovpn: fix excluding WAN clients from DNS exclusive rules
f90976e0cc libovpn: fix logging of WAN routing rules
dd026dedfb iptables-1.4.3: fix fullcone output formatting
28363cc181 webui: Network Analysis page - dismiss preset list when clicking within the page
f8eb51d721 openvpn: fix setting VPN client state/errorno on connection error
483ebc9fa9 rom: Only source profile.add when custom configs enabled (#765)

Puts kettle on.

EDIT: Delayed sync with Sourcforge? Says 2 but only see 1.

q0r6Q9T.png

EDIT 2: Pulled 'em from the mirror.

Last edited:
have a rt-ac88u when i try to update it dirty it just says applying settings then goes back to login screen after few seconds. 386.3 b2 also wondering if going to do one for the gt-axe11000 asus since i get one tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade b1 to b2 on AX86U's - no problems - VPN Director / VPN Server and VPN Clients [x4] all steady as before. {ThumbsUp}

have a rt-ac88u when i try to update it dirty it just says applying settings then goes back to login screen after few seconds. 386.3 b2 also wondering if going to do one for the gt-axe11000 asus since i get one tomorrow :D
I know this is obvious - but make sure you are trying to apply firmware for AC88U and not AX88U.
I have never known Merlin to release firmware which won't fit on the designated model.

You might want to try unmounting any USB drives (from the GUI, main index page), and/or physically removing them before flashing a newer firmware. If that still fails, sometimes a fresh reboot shortly before another attempt at flashing has been beneficial.

Updated to beta2 and working fine.
WAN clients rule is excluded from DNS, is working fine.
00e83f928e libovpn: fix excluding WAN clients from DNS exclusive rules

flash from 386.2_6 to beta 2
PIA not working, I refreshed the VPN setup, no success
jumped back to the stable version, PIA working again with no issues

Make sure you have "yes all" or "policy rule" ticked in.

Main Router (AX88U) update from latest Alpha without problems - runs for 8 hours like a charm! :cool:
And 2nd update to Beta2 the same: Flawless update after freeing memory and runs like charm (with 1 VPN client routed to a separate WLAN sub-net)

Dirty upgrade from b1 to b2 across all devices last night. VPN testing was successful after to confirm configs were preserved. All good so far. All devices re-connected.

Dirty upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 across both units (at two different locations), so far so good as expected!

386.2_6 > Beta1 > Beta2.

All OK here on 3 AX86U routers. VPN not configured at the moment as not using.

@shabbs, Noticed you posted 4 mins after RMerlin's post.
I sincerely mean this as a friend, perhaps you should switch to a decaffeinated baseball cap ;)
LOL. Was just getting ready shut down for the night too and saw it. Figured it was a good time to give the new beta a spin with everyone else headed to bed. Coffee is life.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but which PIA/VPN service do you find is fastest/most stable?
Mine does okay on individual devices, but it's awful for whole-home (drops from 500Mbps w/o to 30Mbps w/ VPN on)

Quick note before I dive into Beta 2...

With Alpha 386.3 my RP-AX56 would not connect as Mesh node. I updated the RP fw to latest, tried again, no luck. I waited, was able to add as Mesh node with 386.3 Beta1 successfully.

Will update to Beta2 later today to see if it continues to connect, but currently fam on a web conf call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!