What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 to 386.3 on my RT-AC68U
Everything works perfectly for me
Thanks again @RMerlin

Dirty upgrade on AX86U from 386.2 to 386.3. No issues.

Just upgraded thank you sir.

I wasn't part of the beta so i'm going to assume this is the area to generate QR codes.

View attachment 35176

Ah, under Guest Network - that makes rather a lot of sense. Great new feature, tested, working, and printed version now available on my fridge for anyone who wants it.

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 on both router and node, and all working fine - thank you!

A dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 to 386.3 on RT-AX68U and RT-AC68U
Almost flawless. Although in the beginning i did screw up - i initiated AX68 upgrade from the desktop which was connected to the mesh AC68, upgrade stuck at "applying settings"
Had to power cycle AX68 to get it's web GUI working and then upgraded it from the pc connected directly to the AX68.
Thanks @RMerlin for QR codes! :)

Updated my rt-ax86u and working just fine.
Uptime: 0 days 4 hour(s) 48 minute(s) 26 seconds

Thank you Rmerlin!!!

Hello Merlin. I wanted to report a minor issue with version 386.3 on AC88U. On the main page, I receive this in the browsers console log:

Code:
jquery.js:5 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://**********/index.asp' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://nw-dlcdnet.asus.com/plugin/js/extend_custom_icon.json'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Just so you know. Keep up the great work :)

After an update from 386.2_6 to 386.3, everything works perfectly for me except the QRCODE in the network map, the boxes are empty while my 2,4 and 5 Ghz wifi is well configured in "Parameters Advanced/Wireless"
For your information I have already done a WPS reset (I have a RT-AX88U)
Thanks again @RMerlin developers and beta testers.

Last edited:
Thanks again working as expected

dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 everything works well with an ac88u and 2 x ac68u in mesh
the openvpn with tun/udp on port 443 also no problem with android 11 and a win10 laptop :):)

Last edited:
After an update from 386.2_6 to 386.3, everything works perfectly for me except the QRCODE in the network map, the boxes are empty while my 2,4 and 5 Ghz wifi is well configured in "Parameters Advanced/Wireless"
For your information I have already done a WPS reset.
View attachment 35191
Thanks again @RMerlin developers and beta testers.
Changelog:
NOTE: On first boot with 386.3, you must either force-refresh the browser page (shift-reload), or clear your browser cache. Failure to do so will prevent the new QR codes from being properly displayed, due to an old cached CSS.

Done?

Changelog:
NOTE: On first boot with 386.3, you must either force-refresh the browser page (shift-reload), or clear your browser cache. Failure to do so will prevent the new QR codes from being properly displayed, due to an old cached CSS.

Done?
Yes, it's done.
Even with another browser it's the same. The boxes are empty.
ah, maybe it's because I don't use "smart connect" ? or it has nothing to do with ?

Sounds similar to the issues I experienced going to beta3.

Not quite - not getting prompted to re-join, they're just having issues staying connected. Which is odd as there should be no wireless difference in any of these releases.

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_6 on both router and mesh - no problems encountered. I like the new VPN Director so far!

So re-applying the upgrades today going device by device, with settle time in between. Will update here as I go.
- RT-AX86U Router - done. Nest Cameras all good, Rogers Ignite 4k boxes all good.

EDIT: So was not "all good" after the router - Nest cameras were not stable after the router upgrade. Will have the house to myself later. Will re-visit and debug some more.

EDIT 2: Current config that is working fine has all my APs at Release level, Router at Beta 3 level. Seems once the Router is upgraded to Release, the instability begins with Nest and Rogers 4K devices. Will continue to poke and prod, but may have to resort to a full reset and re-config of the router.

Last edited:
No reason why this setting would get changed.

Makes me wonder if something in your settings may be corrupted if you are seeing random settings changes after the upgrade. There was no change to either portions of the code.
Yep this kind of behavior showed up on my original AX88U, @RMerlin advised then to pursue a resolution with Asus. They replaced my router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!