What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin
In your changelog of your most recent 386.3_2 build you say "- FIXED: DNSFilter client rules may get corrupted after a reboot."

I have performed this upgrade and am unsure how to tell if this info was corrupted or not after the upgrade. Instead of spending time trying to figure it out (and maybe doing it incorrectly), I thought the easiest "insurance" would be to spend the same time (or less) as follows... To be safe, I was just going to upload the settings that I saved immediately prior to this last upgrade. If I do so, would that help insure that IF my info was corrupted during upgrade, it will be restored to uncorrupted condition? If not, how do I confirm that my info was NOT corrupted during the last upgrade?

Thanks!
Take a look at this thread. The corruption was duplicate entries in the list of filtered clients so, unless you've got clients being added to the list on reboot, you don't have a corrupted list.

@RMerlin thank you for your answer.
Here is the result on Edge :

Now the result on Firefox :
What authentication method are you using? There's no webui error, yet your webui isn't fully loading, with that field remaining empty.

Anyone having their GUI expand all sub-menus on the side panel, creating a cluttered mess?
This could be due to the new Sitemap feature in scMerlin. Try clearing browser cache to resolve: "Forcing a browser cache refresh (e.g. Ctrl F5) may be required to load the WebUI changes."

initially using brave browser (shields down) + tried to upgrade. got an invalid firmware message.
rebooted the router, then tried edge. = success.

--
so not sure if lack of reboot or browser incompatibility.
router: RT AC88U
was upgrading from 386.2_6
--
error message
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

initially using brave browser (shields down) + tried to upgrade. got an invalid firmware message.
rebooted the router, then tried edge. = success.

--
so not sure if lack of reboot or browser incompatibility.
router: RT AC88U
was upgrading from 386.2_6
--
error message
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.
Make sure you have downloaded the firmware for RT-AC88U and not the RT-AX88U file ???

What authentication method are you using? There's no webui error, yet your webui isn't fully loading, with that field remaining empty.
Thank you for your answer.
I use the WPA2-Personal authentication method :
Sans titre 1.png

For your information, even with the previous Merlin firmware, the boxes were always empty. I don't even have a link for the QRCODE.
Sans titre 2.png

On the other hand, in the guest network tab the QRCODE link works well :
5.png

I would like to understand what is going on and find a solution.
This is the only problem I have. Otherwise everything else is very stable :
99.png

Last edited:
How long are your SSID and WPA Keys?
Both of my 2.4 and 5GHZ SSIDs are 13 characters long and WPA keys are 11 characters long.

I'm using WPA-2 Personal authentication method. I've the QR CODE link under 2.4GHZ but the link doesn't even show up under 5GHZ. No issue with QR CODE under Guest Network as it's working fine.

Hope this explanation helps you getting to the root cause of the issue.

Thank you for your answer.
I use the WPA2-Personal authentication method :
View attachment 35627
For your information, even with the previous Merlin firmware, the boxes were always empty. I don't even have a link for the QRCODE.
View attachment 35628
On the other hand, in the guest network tab the QRCODE link works well :
View attachment 35630
I would like to understand what is going on and find a solution.
This is the only problem I have. Otherwise everything else is very stable :
View attachment 35629
Do you use anything that modifies your webui? It might be incompatible.

Do you use anything that modifies your webui? It might be incompatible.
I don't use anything that modifies the Webui. I also do a hard reset (WPS reset) after every merlin firmware update to get the best performance and stability.
I don't have any extra plugins or other tweaks, just the merlin firmware.
For information I use the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of Edge.
I don't understand where this problem comes from and apparently other users have the same thing.

I don't use anything that modifies the Webui. I also do a hard reset (WPS reset) after every merlin firmware update to get the best performance and stability.
I don't have any extra plugins or other tweaks, just the merlin firmware.
For information I use the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of Edge.
I don't understand where this problem comes from and apparently other users have the same thing.
What browser extensions have you installed? If you do, start your browser without it.

Are these the only add-ons? Otherwise you could try to start Firefox in safe mode:

Are these the only add-ons? Otherwise you could try to start Firefox in safe mode:

Thank you for the procedure. Here is the result with Firefox opened in safe mode :
9.png

The problem is the same. The problem is the same. Empty boxes and no QRCODE.

Thank you for the procedure. Here is the result with Firefox opened in safe mode :
View attachment 35638
The problem is the same. The problem is the same. Empty boxes and no QRCODE.
For test try to change SSID to some simple eg "test" if you have signs qr code not likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!