What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3 20:36:27 kernel: *** ERROR: [send_redir_page:614] # redir_url=http://192.168.254.254:80/blocking.asp?cat_id=79&mac=F81A67BD56D9&domain=dt.beyla.site

Mar 3 20:55:11 kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc014a84c68 next ffffffc006ae26a0 prev ffffffc006ae26a0 rep_entry->list ffffffc006ae26a0 next ffffffc014a84c68 prev ffffffc014a84c68

how to fix this error on my AC86U from 386.3_2 to 386.5
View attachment 39950
@RMerlin
Not seeing those errors on my AC86U...dirty update from 386.4

That's the Trend Micro DPI engine, which is used by Adaptive QoS, Bandwidth Monitor, Website History, etc... The updated engine from the recent GPL releases wasn't working properly when you had flow cache NAT acceleration enabled due to a compatibility issue with the newer SDK. I reverted to an older 386_41xxx version of these components on Asus's recommendation to resolve the issue.

So pretty much this means you got QoS back working on this router. I actually own this router, pretty much brand new but has been collecting dust, since I noticed QoS wasn't working as intended. Merlin I appreciate you getting this back working correctly. However it seems like something ASUS needs to work with TM, to get this fixed, sucks you had to revert to older components to get it working. With that said, RT-AX86U owners appreciate you fixing this!

Updated smoothly from Beta1 to 386.5 via Dirty process. This 386.5 creation been very stable thru Alpha & Beta's.

Added item I spotted today with the AXE11000 now on 386.5. Smart Connect active on Triband with SSID of CanaKW. But...an additional SSID is showing of "CanaKW_dwb" which I didn't define and not available (visible) on my laptop (6GHz capable via AX210) or iPhone to connect too. Another item to the list for ASUS Technical support, as I'm assuming not related to any of @RMerlin 386.5 code activties.

1646315999683.png

1646316127885.png

PS: My 2nd AEX11000 in AiMesh with the AEX11000 drops out of the AiMesh within a few hours. Power the offline unit off/on, back in the AiMesh. This 2nd unit is my backup/spare should the primary router die in an "incident", I really don't want to occur. ;-)

Dirty upgrade from 386.4 last night. Everything seemed to stay connected and working overnight. Thanks @RMerlin for your hard work!

Mar 3 20:36:27 kernel: *** ERROR: [send_redir_page:614] # redir_url=http://192.168.254.254:80/blocking.asp?cat_id=79&mac=F81A67BD56D9&domain=dt.beyla.site

Mar 3 20:55:11 kernel: bcm_mcast_mld_add:833 mc_fdb->rep_list ffffffc014a84c68 next ffffffc006ae26a0 prev ffffffc006ae26a0 rep_entry->list ffffffc006ae26a0 next ffffffc014a84c68 prev ffffffc014a84c68

how to fix this error on my AC86U from 386.3_2 to 386.5
View attachment 39950
@RMerlin

This log entry was discussed a few times in the beta thread. This log entry represents a normal behavior when sites are being blocked by Parental Controls. ASUS changed the log level on this entry to a higher level, so now it shows up in the log file. I think it was a mistake by ASUS to change the log level, but for now, you'll need to change the log level threshold to keep it out of the log.

Dirty flash over 386.4. So far, so good. Wasn't planning to update today but all 4 CPUs were stuck on 100% for reasons unknown.

Asus are already working on it. The engine downgrade was their own suggestion as a temporary workaround.
Well it's awesome of you to include this fix. For me personally not to long after I got my AX86U and noticed this was broken, I removed it as my main router. Because my thought behind it, if something like this is broken. What else could be not working as intended? With Trend Micro Adaptive QoS system, I feel it's one of the main features. So when it wasn't working as intended, I just felt the router wasn't worth running as the main router. Anyways I do like the router overall.

Thanks for the report! I will be updating my AC86U from 386.3_2. Will there be any extra step I need to do after dirty update?
In my specific case I did not make any extra steps in my case, just performed the update.

Upgraded via Semi-Dirty * method successfully from 386.5 beta1. Has been running well for about 3 hours.

Thanks for the wonderful work @RMerlin

* Semi-Dirty in a nutshell, if anyone is interested:

I uninstalled amtm scripts
unmounted USB
rebooted
flashed the upgrade
rebooted
Checked core functions were good
reformatted my USB via amtm
reinstalled the amtm scripts
power cycled for 5 mins.

The "REBOOT" tab has no effect on my GT-AX11000, the router doesn't reboot when it is pressed.

The only way to reboot the router is to use the power button or reboot via the android ASUS router app.

Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot  GT-AX11000 - Network Map.png
    Screenshot GT-AX11000 - Network Map.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 131
Updated smoothly from Beta1 to 386.5 via Dirty process. This 386.5 creation been very stable thru Alpha & Beta's.

Added item I spotted today with the AXE11000 now on 386.5. Smart Connect active on Triband with SSID of CanaKW. But...an additional SSID is showing of "CanaKW_dwb" which I didn't define and not available (visible) on my laptop (6GHz capable via AX210) or iPhone to connect too. Another item to the list for ASUS Technical support, as I'm assuming not related to any of @RMerlin 386.5 code activties.

View attachment 39955
View attachment 39956

PS: My 2nd AEX11000 in AiMesh with the AEX11000 drops out of the AiMesh within a few hours. Power the offline unit off/on, back in the AiMesh. This 2nd unit is my backup/spare should the primary router die in an "incident", I really don't want to occur. ;-)
This is an AIMesh network that is created for dedicated backhaul of AIMesh. It is not visible to anything but AIMesh I believe

UPDATE: IPTraffic was enabled which caused HW Acceleration to be disabled. After disabling IPTraffic and rebooting, HW Accelertation set to enabled and speed test returning correct speeds 940/940.

upgraded to 386.5 from 386.4 on RT-AC88U
  • I have 1gb up/down
  • after the upgrade, ran speedtest on my hardwired laptop and router looks to be throttling the connection. only getting 350/340
  • I bypassed the router and connected directly to the modem and connection speed is correct. getting 930/940
  • QoS is disabled
  • prior to upgrade, speedtest returning correct connection speed
Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V386.5_beta1 to V386.5 Final via dirty firmware upgrade. 40+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, many IOT devices, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers. Still postponing adding RT-AX58U with V386.5 XXX into AiMesh 2.0, until Guest Network #01 issue is fixed, as Guest network is #01, and IOT devices is #02 currently in my setup.

Upgraded my AC86U from 386.5 Beta 1 to 386.5 Final.

After the upgrade I could not access the router via SSH (authentication using my private key failed, from any client) until I rebooted the router another time.

Thank you for your time and work.

Smooth upgrade for both (AC86/AC88).
Survived online classes (gaming) from teens and all the other network abuses The Family seems to accomplish daily.

Still experiencing the same Very Senior Member issues:
-Downloading wrong fw, due to small print or wishful thinking.
-failing to safely remove usb before fw upgrade.
although, I haven't experienced any negative issues from not removing usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!