What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, tried to update mine from 385.2 to beta and looks like I've bricked my router now. RT-AX86U, jffs not mounting after beta loaded, tried to put the 385.2 version back on and now all I am getting is power LED on (along with white light for connected devices), then everything goes off. Does this constantly.....Boot loop? Just tried rescue tool to upload 385.2 firmware (will try again) but after successful it goes back to leds on and off.

Welp, tried to update mine from 385.2 to beta and looks like I've bricked my router now. RT-AX86U, jffs not mounting after beta loaded, tried to put the 385.2 version back on and now all I am getting is power LED on (along with white light for connected devices), then everything goes off. Does this constantly.....Boot loop? Just tried rescue tool to upload 385.2 firmware (will try again) but after successful it goes back to leds on and off.
I'm so sorry.

386.5_2 to beta GT-AXE11000 clean install no issues yet-VPN client/director works as advertised.

Dirty flash on AX-86U over the second alpha. Up 20+ hours now. No issues.

Thanks!

I'm so sorry.
Thanks, it happens...Have tried to recover it 3 times now, but after firmware rescue is successful it goes back into white power LED, along with connected device LED, then on and off.....Anyone got any other ideas or is this a call to Asus? :(

Call Asus now and keep trying to resuscitate it. :)

Unmounted my +3 years old Kingston DataTraveller 16Gb USB drive prior performing a dirty update on my RT-AC86C from 386.5_2 to 386.7_beta1 5 hours ago. Did't notice any issues so far

Thanks again for your hard work Éric.

Thanks, it happens...Have tried to recover it 3 times now, but after firmware rescue is successful it goes back into white power LED, along with connected device LED, then on and off.....Anyone got any other ideas or is this a call to Asus? :(

In Rescue mode, try flashing an old stock 384 firmware and if it succeeds (factory default reset) then try moving to the Beta.

Can't reproduce, so no idea why your router would have the same IP associated to multiple MACs. I can't see anything in the code that could cause this kind of behaviour. Are you using any custom script or repeater/AiMesh node?
No, no custom script just have diversion lite addon in a router only setup. Assigned guest 2 clients are in the DHCP IP range as the regular clients but blocked intranet access. Resetting to factory default and manually setting it up didn't help.

Last edited:
I tried…they closed for weekend now. 9est here.
Try the Asus 386.46061 firmware. It is from January but may get the AX86U going again. Also do a hard factory reset: with the power off hold the WPS button until the power LED blinks. Holding the WPS button turn the power off then with the WPS button released power on.

Its back baby! I'd like to thank my wife and kids for not giving up on me even though they didn't really have a choice. I could tell they were rooting for me. ;) I'd also like to thank Merlin for this awesome firmware, this forum for your support, and others who I may have overlooked.

So further research took me down the clearing NVram suggestions I found using google and this forum (thank goodness for phone internet). Eventually I was able to reload 385.2 firmware, restore my settings and jffs (took backups before flashing new firmware thankfully). Think I'm gonna wait this one out for abit....wasn't fun getting side eye from kids and wife while internet was down.

Edit: @RMerlin I sent you a private message with a pastebin link. After the beta upgrade, I had the previous jffs mounted issue and I saw where you asked for log info. I copied everything that was in it BEFORE i tried to go back down. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Try the Asus 386.46061 firmware. It is from January but may get the AX86U going again. Also do a hard factory reset: with the power off hold the WPS button until the power LED blinks. Holding the WPS button turn the power off then with the WPS button released power on.
Yep, this is what I found and used to get it back going.

In Rescue mode, try flashing an old stock 384 firmware and if it succeeds (factory default reset) then try moving to the Beta.
Tried this, same as others, lights on and off. Clearing nvram, flashing Asus firmware, then putting back old firmware did the trick.

Its back baby! I'd like to thank my wife and kids for not giving up on me even though they didn't really have a choice. I could tell they were rooting for me. ;) I'd also like to thank Merlin for this awesome firmware, this forum for your support, and others who I may have overlooked.

So further research took me down the clearing NVram suggestions I found using google and this forum (thank goodness for phone internet). Eventually I was able to reload 385.2 firmware, restore my settings and jffs (took backups before flashing new firmware thankfully). Think I'm gonna wait this one out for abit....wasn't fun getting side eye from kids and wife while internet was down.

Edit: @RMerlin I sent you a private message with a pastebin link. After the beta upgrade, I had the previous jffs mounted issue and I saw where you asked for log info. I copied everything that was in it BEFORE i tried to go back down. Hope it helps.
Might be worth picking up a cheap spare router that you can quickly swap in if you brick the Asus. This way the fam is happy and you have better than phone Internet to research how to restore it.

Always have a backup. Even if it's one of those shirtty bottom barrel routers with 100mbps, it's better than a wife tapping her foot and giving you death glares. :)

Anyone else see issues with amtm scripts (Diversion and unbound, possibly others) that don't want to accept any new updates, or even a forced re-install (uu updates)? This is on an RT-AC86U, and has been happening since the alpha release, as well as on the newer beta release. Jffs is mounted, scripts run, but something's not right: I seem to always get something similar to "Error: Address /opt/share/diversion/webui/process.div is invalid", even if the scripts themselves run. Similar with unbound, but it exits out of the update process too fast to get a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!