What's new

Asuswrt Merlin and Aimesh. Devices can’t connect to wifi.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amethyst

Occasional Visitor
my home network set up is:
- gt-ax 110000 as main router
- a pair of asus xd6 as AiMesh node.

I read the AiMesh wiki on asuswrt merlin Github. They said that I can mix asuswrt merlin firmware with asuswrt. As long as I keep the main router which is gt-ax 11000 running merlin as the main router.

after I install asuswrt merlin on gt-ax 11000, after a few hours, all of my devices get kicked out from the wifi network. One of the light on the gt-ax 11000 turn red and show lost internet connection.

I have to turn off and wait 30 seconds then turn on the router again. All of my Aimesh nodes is lost and cannot connect to the main router. i also do the physical reset on the aimesh nodes and it still not be able to connect to the main router.

All of my routers are connected through wired backhaul.

right now, I have reverted the firmware to asuswrt stock firmware, I do this by connect an ethernet to my router and upload the stock firmware Asuswrt. Is there anyone who knows how to configure the Aimesh system? Please help me.

can it possible to continue to use asuswrt merlin or i have to use the stock firmware asuswrt?

Did you flip the switch that says Ethernet backhaul? I have 2 ax11000 both run Merlin and a ax58u running stock but all on Wi-Fi

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!