What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin Compatibility With ASUS RT-N66R?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ProxyGamer

New Around Here
Hi, I'm thinking of using this aftermarket firmware but I'm not sure if it works with my model. They list that the Asus RT-N66U is compatible, but I'm not sure about the RT-N66R. Keep in mind that I bought the router at a BestBuy Store, so its the same model but with a toned down firmware.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

its my understanding the R versions are just re badged u versions so you cant price match otherwise they are exactly the same hardware

Ah, so the firmware should work with the router to my understanding?
99% sure but wait for merlin to acknowledge

ah i found this for you

At this time, the supported devices are:

• RT-AC56U
  • RT-N66U
  • RT-AC66U
  • RT-AC68U (including revision C1)
  • RT-AC68P
  • RT-AC87U
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300

NOTE: all the "R" versions (for example RT-N66R) are the same as their "U" counterparts, they are just different packages aimed at large retailers. The firmware is 100% compatible with both U and R versions of the routers. Same with the "W" variants that are simply white.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin

so your right to go

99% sure but wait for merlin to acknowledge

ah i found this for you

At this time, the supported devices are:

• RT-AC56U
  • RT-N66U
  • RT-AC66U
  • RT-AC68U (including revision C1)
  • RT-AC68P
  • RT-AC87U
  • RT-AC3200
  • RT-AC88U
  • RT-AC3100
  • RT-AC5300

NOTE: all the "R" versions (for example RT-N66R) are the same as their "U" counterparts, they are just different packages aimed at large retailers. The firmware is 100% compatible with both U and R versions of the routers. Same with the "W" variants that are simply white.

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin

so your right to go

Thank you for clearing this up!

I bought my Asus RT-N66R at Best Buy. When I registered it it was considered an N66U but, more importantly, I've been running Merlin on it for five months now and have been very happy.

I bought my Asus RT-N66R at Best Buy. When I registered it it was considered an N66U but, more importantly, I've been running Merlin on it for five months now and have been very happy.

Nice to know, I just installed it on my rt-n66r and it works very well!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!